SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't get my temp sensor to thread very far into the adapter. I tried and tried and it started to do bad things to the threads so I just teflon'd it and crossed my fingers. The end of the sensor is only just even with the housing. I would think that its supposed to be sticking out into the coolant stream.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Mine went all the way in. The only one Pat had at the convention was the bigger hole size, so I had to use an adapter. The sender has tapered threads, so it may seem like its messing them up, but they are still okay.

·
little Thunder
1,969 Posts
Matt you have to tap it more for the sensor to thread in all the way. You can buy a 1/8 -27 NPT tap or try to get a bolt that has the same thread pattern and then just thread it through.

It will be fine the way you have it and the sensor will still work, if you don't want to do the extra work. Oh' one thing though, I don't think you should be using a teflon tape on the sensor. The sensor will not read right if you have a teflon tape on it.

To make it look like this

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used a tap and messed with it a little more and this is how it looks now. Its good enough for me :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts