SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey turbo guys, i have been is the se-r loop for 5 -6 years and got a turbo for doing some engine work on a four wheeler. i know the kid so its good. it is a rebuilt garret AR60 m10. i know i have heard this before, is this good enough for an sr20?

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hello?

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
I tried a google search and couldn't find anything. What'd it come off of?

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Wow, you waited a whole 31 minutes between posts. Silly us for not jumping right in there.

As for the turbo...I have a feeling the numbers you listed are the numbers on the compressor housing, no? If so, there should be a Garrett part number on there. Get that part number and post it up.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was trying to respond to someone's post but did thjis one by accident. on the compressor side it says garret ar.60 m 10. and on the exhaust side it says a/r 63. i think it is from a ford?

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
ah, those numbers just tell us the size of the housings. Doesn't help too much. if you had a pic it would be better. How old is that turbo? The only thing I can think of is that it came off a older turbo probe.

·
It's Just A Sentra....LOL
256 Posts
93W91SER said:
i was trying to respond to someone's post but did thjis one by accident. on the compressor side it says garret ar.60 m 10. and on the exhaust side it says a/r 63. i think it is from a ford?
FORD=POS (Piece of ****!) I say ebay it and get a t3/t04e or better yet if you've got the cash get a gt3037. This way you know what quality your getting. But all in all I don't blame you for wanting to try it.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, looks like i am sticking to my original plan of the sunny swap. oh well =}

·
Registered
588 Posts
thats a perfectly fine turbo, its bigger than any stok JDM T25, its a real good turbo probably off a ford mustang SVO, thunderbird turbo, or merkur X4ti. a .63 turbine will flow very well with the SR20 motor. i say give it a shot since you bought it cheap and if it shits on you then you can purcahse a new t3/t4 and still bolt it on no problem.

·
Registered
588 Posts
yeah i now, you need to account for turbine size as well as compressor size and housing size. also turbo type.

that turbo is amongst one of the largest straight T3's there is, and i find it to suite his car with no problems, i dont think he will be dissapointed

since it is a used turbo, it might give out on him, the manifold he will use as well as the downpie should be transferrable to a T3/t4 upgrade if and when the time comes. the pipng will be virtually the same, althought i gaurantee some modificatoin will be needed becuase that turbo has an oulet flange pipe on it. that is where i associated this turbo to the t3/t4 not flow wise, just overall placement.

·
It's Just A Sentra....LOL
256 Posts
I like Project DC's idea, if it screws up replace it with t3/t04e if not then BOOST THE HELL OUT OF IT!!! I say try it if it will bolt up to the t3/t04e manifold.

·
Registered
588 Posts
im sure the inlet flange is a standard T3, however the downpipe is a 5 bolt, since its form ford i would believe its a standard 5 bolt flange a lot of aftermarket t3/t4's use. it will bolt up to any T3/t4 turbo manifold

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sounds like a plan, thanks for the input. it is a rebuilt turbo too as of a few thousand miles maybe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts