SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pedal feel is wack, but once those suckers bite. Whoa man!

My Nitto 505's really help in dry weather. I've bled them to death, and gone to semi-metallic pads, It helps, but the feel is still mushy, and hard to modulate.

I'm running it with no shims in the back, since they broke when I went too change them. Ordered the shim kit from courtesy. that f's it up a little.I just ordered som ss lines too we'll see about them. We'll see how this fix works next week.

[This message has been edited by Bennitto Mallito (edited 05-31-2001).]

·
Registered
723 Posts
yeah.. my brakes aren't progressive AT ALL. its like... if i lightly depress them... they just squeak... if i press a little harder then they start getting real tough, there's very little modulation.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Do all the wheels lock up or just the back or front?

·
Registered
756 Posts
My brakes would always love to lock up with the cheap ass walmart brand blue light specials that were on the car when I got it. Now the the kuhmos it stops perfectly. Just need some rain so I can try it out there. But rain in arizona is rare.

·
Registered
723 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Trys_Hard:
Do all the wheels lock up or just the back or front?</font>
the tail end doesnt slide out much but the car whole just feels porky... so im sure all 4 wheels lock at the same time.

so you think the problem are my tires?

·
Registered
723 Posts
as in brake-lock...

my classic doesnt have great pedal feel, and the initial grab isn't anything special either... but when i just lightly stand on the brakes the damn thing lock up and gets the car jiggly...

the tires are Goodyear Eagle Hp with lots of tread, btw.

this is a 2500lb car--lighter than most compacts but the braking sucks.

on a side note the previous owner said the brake pads had only ~3000miles on them, but mine likes to squeal under light applications...

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yah doncha kno? the rears lock too, but not always, and not as bad. I don't think they're doing enouogh work. Didn't they have the same prob with project 200 in SCC?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts