SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah so anyways me, RPW, and a few other friends headed down to Island Dragway in NJ. I thought it was cool being its alot closer to my house than Englishtown is, but I've heard bad things about it. Now I know why.
1. The track is a dump. It's the most run-down track I've ever been to. Weeds everywhere, garbage, polluted water etc.. But I guess thats expected cause they clearly don't have the money that Englishtown, probably *THE BEST* track on the east coast.

2. The employees seem especially biased towards import owners. Today there was about at most 10 imports among a sea of Fords and Chevys. I don't think it was coincidence the imports got the fewest runs and had to wait in the longest in lines.

3. The employees are rude, slow, and dumb. I had to sit and wait for 20 minutes for someone to write a drag number on my car. Meanwhile, one of the tech employees wandered off with my registration card, so then another tech employee came over and started yelling at me that I lost my card, even after I clearly told him that the other person had it with him. He was some old guy in his 50's. He said things like "I've been here 40 years don't tell me you know more than I do or how to do my ****ing job" after I told him who had my card. He also goes to me "WHAT THE ****!!!" cause I didn't put my tech card in the right pile.

4. You have to drive down the most pot-hole ridden and dusty road just to get to the track. It is unreal that the road has been left in that type of condition for car enthusiasts to travel back and forth on to drag race. It seems like an oxy-moron.

Finally onto my times.

If you don't believe that 17" rims slow you down, think again! I wanted to experiment with my car by racing with everything in it. I did not remove anything from the car (as in I had full interior, the spare + jack, etc) and also had heavy ass 17" Borbet Type S wheels. Man did they slow me down. I ran a best of 15.15 @ 90.12 with my stock 15" wheels, removed passenger seat, spare and jack, last month. Today I could only get a 15.65 @ 89.22mph with all the stuff. Thats over half a second I know this is why I ran slow, because my RPW in his '97 SE-R with the same mods ran 15.2's.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES Bushings, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

G

·
what an asshole, that guys lucky it wasnt me, i would of beat the living **** out of that him. try to talk to me that way when i pay money to go somewhere! anyways, ill be at englishtown this saturday, anyone coming?

------------------
92 nx2000 - im good enough, im smart enough, and dogonnit, poeple like me!

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh man, you picked a bad weekend for E-Town. Huge event at Carlisle, Pa. But I know, E-Town scheduled **** for the same weekend which was pretty dumb.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES Bushings, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

G

·
i dont know too much about track stuff, but like 20 cars from springfield are going, this will be my first time, hopefully i will do good!

G

·
i dont know too much about track stuff, but like 20 cars from springfield are going, this will be my first time, hopefully i will do good!

------------------
92 nx2000 - im good enough, im smart enough, and dogonnit, poeple like me!

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Oh man, you picked a bad weekend for E-Town. Huge event at Carlisle, Pa. But I know, E-Town scheduled **** for the same weekend which was pretty dumb.

</font>
Corrections Storm, huge event at Englishtown this weekend! Calisle will be taking the back burner because more people will want to see what the first NIRA event of the year on this side of the country. Plus there will be a trailer from the "Fast and Furious" with the actual cars and stars from the movie. I know where I rather be

------------------

paradiseracing.homestead.com/home.html

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sr20 B12:
Plus there will be a trailer from the "Fast and Furious" with the actual cars and stars from the movie. I know where I rather be

</font>
Wow really? Well I had no idea about that. Did you hear that from a reliable source? It could very well be just a silly rumor.

I'm sure Carlisle will do fine. I was there last year and if even 1/4 of the people are there it will be good. It sold out last year and people were getting turned away at the gates. It was incredible.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)

'98 VR6, stock (the womans car)

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
1. The track is a dump. It's the most run-down track I've ever been to. Weeds everywhere, garbage, polluted water etc.. But I guess thats expected cause they clearly don't have the money that Englishtown, probably *THE BEST* track on the east coast.</font>
Really? Cuz you've only ever been to 2 so u cant say its horrible. How u knows its the worst? I didnt see any more pollution than there would be after a night at Etown. I wouldnt expect them to have as much money....Etown is a national facility that hosts many more events, is known across the counrty, and is sponsored, not paid for.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
2. The employees seem especially biased towards import owners. Today there was about at most 10 imports among a sea of Fords and Chevys. I don't think it was coincidence the imports got the fewest runs and had to wait in the longest in lines.</font>

There was about 6 imports actaully. The IMPORTS did not get less runs then the others. The staging lanes were in 2 sections if you payed attention, street cars, and slicks cars. Of course it seemed like we got less runs, cuz it took longer for the other group to run, cuz there was less of us.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
3. The employees are rude, slow, and dumb. I had to sit and wait for 20 minutes for someone to write a drag number on my car. Meanwhile, one of the tech employees wandered off with my registration card, so then another tech employee came over and started yelling at me that I lost my card, even after I clearly told him that the other person had it with him. He was some old guy in his 50's. He said things like "I've been here 40 years don't tell me you know more than I do or how to do my ****ing job" after I told him who had my card. He also goes to me "WHAT THE ****!!!" cause I didn't put my tech card in the right pile. </font>
Well that i wasnt here to see, cuz i was in and out of tech in under 5 minutes. Theer was 2 tech gys and a looong line of cars. Of course they spend lots of time on some of the cars, cuz they gotta waste time finding out what really is under that hood.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">4. You have to drive down the most pot-hole ridden and dusty road just to get to the track.</font>

There is no huge gaping holes in the road to raceway park? There was last time i was there!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If you don't believe that 17" rims slow you down, think again! I wanted to experiment with my car by racing with everything in it. I did not remove anything from the car and also had heavy ass 17" Borbet Type S wheels. Man did they slow me down. I ran a best of 15.15 @ 90.12 with my stock 15" wheels, removed passenger seat, spare and jack, last month. Today I could only get a 15.65 @ 89.22mph with all the stuff. Thats over half a second I know this is why I ran slow, because my RPW in his '97 SE-R with the same mods ran 15.2's.
But, you are forgetting to mention that i had a full interior, only removing my spare and the carpet that goes over it
Didnt even mess with the tire pressures. And that 15.2 was with a missed shift from 3rd to 4th, soooooo i actually woulda done better

Dont go placing blame just cuz you had some bad runs, spanky

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

[This message has been edited by RPWSER (edited 05-03-2001).]

[This message has been edited by RPWSER (edited 05-03-2001).]

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Thats your opinion stick with it!! But you boys better come to E-town this weekend.

------------------
Peter
..on AIM = NyceP26
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU (with correct timing now @ 15TDC),91 INTAKE CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, F/R X-DRILLED ROTORS,

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NyceP26:
Thats your opinion stick with it!! But you boys better come to E-town this weekend.

</font>
I am!! I am!!!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts