SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiancee isn't coming home from school 40 miles away in a few weeks so asked her if I could come grab her car so I could have mine down during the week to put the turbo on. Also said since I have ALL of Thanksgiving break off, we could go on a vacation then instead. She said ok

So, starting Saturday, the turbo will be installed in my extra time. Could be done by Monday, dunno. The only thing I really don't have is new spark plugs, but I could just regap 45k stockers now for the moment. I'm sure someone in town carriers the NGKs I need, Nissan or someone. Got everything else though.
Going to do the turbo, swap out to Mike Jez's oil pan he gave me to replace mine since I think it's bent, and do the homemade motor mounts. Also gotta fix this short I have when I power away from a stop. Happened twice at the track during REALLY HARD launches, but today it happened once during a normal takeoff and acts like it wants to blow the fuse. I've got plenty of 7.5A fuses with me though, and no medium to hard launches until I get hat short fixed. Gonna be babying it off the line for the next three days.

Question: those of you with boost gauges, how many inHg of vacuum do you have at idle? Before I did the injectors and ECU it was 18, not it's like 14. Just curious if I should be concerned. The car runs great. (cept for the short/fuse blowing thing of course
)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Ben

Good luck!!from all your post's it seems your ready to go,do you have some one helping you ? just remember take your time and you should be fine we are all here to help with any questions

on the boost question i will check mine i realy have not paid much to it unless its in boost

Lionel stackhouse
Good Luck Dude

·
Registered
466 Posts
So, is your vacation to come down here and dyno your car? Good luck with the install and let me know if you need anything from my FSM, unless you have yours. For the spark plugs, call Courtesy. All the places around here wanted 12.50 each. Courtesy has them for 7.50 each.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I need to call Courtesy. Got lazy after 4 hours of driving back and forth to a job interview today. Need to call JWT about my running problems. Rough idle, high rpms shifts make my engine jerk weird well after the shift is complete, and gas mileage decreased. I could usually go ~330 miles before the fuel light came on. Today driving 70 with the beautiful weather and no use of the AC it came on at 290. Could just be the way it is though. Need to call them and ask. Got lazy about that today too.

The vacuum change seems to affect little. I will query JWT about that too and see what they think.

I plan to come down and dyno my car over Thanksgiving, yes.
I will build my little vacation around having to stop through Nashville one day.

Thanks for the FSM offer, Jacen. Dunno if I'll really need any as I have the torque specs for stuff in the Haynes manual.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Ben did you replace the rubber rings in the manifold? Did you coat them with oil so the seal properly? If your leaking from the rings that could cause your vacume to to be diffrent,your car to run rich and stumble after shifts. Any loud backfires?

Mike
Sooting out more sugestions.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The idle was from one of the ECU wires I spliced breaking off. Fixed that and the idle is fixed. Read the SE-R list to see how I fixed it all. I don't have the post here or I would copy and paste it here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts