SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yuk. Don't know who designed it. Don't wanna know either

Who the HELL chose to put that shifter there?!?

All the pics:

http://www.vtec.net/civic/02si/

------------------
Jordan (Stormy)
Black 1998 Sentra SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys (NI), KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies

[This message has been edited by Storm88000 (edited 06-13-2001).]

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
actually if u goto Europe some of the cars have their trannies where u c it on the civic in the pic...i dont know why but i guess it works.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Look at the tach. It doesn't even rev to 7k. The new SE-R doesn't either, but it has a 2.5 compared to a 1.6???

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
The Groove Master
4,241 Posts
The shifter is mounted on the dash in order to mimic the placement of the sequential shifters in many rally cars - they are placed closer to the wheel to make things easier and faster for the driver. I question, however, the point of utilizing this setup in a street car, with a non-sequential tranny.

IMO if they were going to make a new Si they should have started with the two-door sedan for looks, although I cannot argue with the weight-saving benefits of the hatch.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Stine is correct about the rally car resemblance in the shifter placement. It's about ergonomics and time studies - the arm and wrist better maintain work angles and distance traveled is reduced (time, effort).

Too bad it's not sequential. (I personally like Peugeot's "shift disc" behind the steering wheel.

CB

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Yup it is put there to reduce the wheel to shifter distance. I heard that there is possibly a new rule coming with that not sure tho. But I think the dildo on the dash thing will get very popular
. And if you know your honda roots you know its something from the past. The old S car(70's) had it on the dash just like that.

And yea its not susposed to have a high reving engine from what Calum has been teling me. Still susposaly rated at 165hp tho. its going to be a de stroked type of engine from the RSX's 1.8.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I wish Honda would make that car in doodoo brown! I still think they will sell a buch of them just because they are Si's, despite the rolling turd styling. later

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
I think the color, and the wheels combine well with the shape. Overall the whole effect is even uglier than the sum ugliness of any of these components alone.

Although the drivers layout is interesting, and looks pretty functional.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't mind the car apart from the front-end and the gangsta chrome rims, but that shifter layout looks like it would really suck. If I had to make a choice between that car and the most brutally-pounded, rusty CRX Si on the planet, I'd go with the CRX.

C

·
0 Posts
From the B-pillar on back I think its fine, but the front is unquestionably not to my liking. The angle of the hood goes right up through the windshield, with no real crease point. It gives it a mini-minivan look, if you know what I mean.

[This message has been edited by Classic SE-R (edited 06-15-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Classic SE-R:
It gives it a mini-minivan look, if you know what I mean.

[This message has been edited by Classic SE-R (edited 06-15-2001).]
</font>
LOL! It really does look like a freaking mini van! I'm usually pretty tolerant of new designs, I actually like to see changes in production etc, etc. BUT that looks like crude, unrefined ASS.

I hope I never have to drive such a SISSY looking car!

SISSY SISSY SISSY !!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts