1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys recommend?
What size?
This will be for the stock 15" wheels.
Browsing tirerack.com there are some deals on there. I dont need any type of performance tire, this car is my daily driver.

·
Air Force SE-R freak!!!!!
2,025 Posts
205/50 is the norm here.
How deep are the pockets?? Looking at your signature you can afford some good tires.
Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212 or Falken Azenis RT-615

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
205/50 is the norm here.
How deep are the pockets?? Looking at your signature you can afford some good tires.
Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212 or Falken Azenis RT-615
They are deep enough;)

Not really looking for a high end tire for the beater b14, something that does well enough without a big price tag

·
Come get your ham Tina!
380 Posts
Kuhmo tires suck. a good econo tire is the Fuzion ZRi. I have a set of 205/50's on my 200sx. Very grippy but not so good in rain, not bad but not great. Cheap and great for the money.

·
VZR Conversion
1,898 Posts
toyo proxes t1-r or proxes 4 by far are my favorites

and kuhmo suck.. i had 2 sets the 711 and 712 and they both suck

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
falken 512's--great grip/wet traction

·
Nissan's Are Cool.
125 Posts
I put the Kuhmo ASX's on my B14 about a year ago, and they've been great! I also had the Ecsta 712's for like 3 years before this set and those babies were great as well. Don't really understand how Kuhmo's "suck" but for the price you can't beat it. Unless your daily commute is around a road track, I think the ASX's would be kinda what your looking for. IMO :biggthump

·
Come get your ham Tina!
380 Posts
I put the Kuhmo ASX's on my B14 about a year ago, and they've been great! I also had the Ecsta 712's for like 3 years before this set and those babies were great as well. Don't really understand how Kuhmo's "suck" but for the price you can't beat it. Unless your daily commute is around a road track, I think the ASX's would be kinda what your looking for. IMO :biggthump
I have seen Kuhmos shread in a couple thousand miles. The traction sucks compared to a decent tire, and i have heard many of people complain about them about the treadware, noise, and traction. Better to just get something that most people like, not just a few.

·
Boost Addict
1,451 Posts
Toyo Proxes4 or Falken Zeix 512's. The only all season tires I'd ever put on my car.

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
My yoko YK520's are great (on the Kia). I paid about $220 for all four new, with the replacement certificates, installation, etc. I got them at discount because they only had two of the replacement tires I wanted. I haggled with the manager and got them down to what the other tires would have cost me, and got the certificates for free. If they really want your business, they will go waaay out of their way to make you a happy customer, so you come back.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have fuzion ZR-i's all around there a good summer tire but nothing else.

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
Keep in mind that a 195/50/15 will fit just fine, no problems.

Sometimes they are less expensive than the 205/50/15.

Go shopping at Tire Rack, even if you do not buy from them. They have a ton, I mean a serious ton, of information on tires on their site. Reviews, testing, etc....

Plus you can bring up a Classic, or B14, and "clicky" different wheels onto you ride, which is always cool. :D

·
4th sr20 and counting..
2,949 Posts
i just got some dunlops from tire rack on sale not too long ago. 230shipped and 50dollar mail in rebate. not bad for 205/50/15's

·
Nissan's Are Cool.
125 Posts
I have seen Kuhmos shread in a couple thousand miles. The traction sucks compared to a decent tire, and i have heard many of people complain about them about the treadware, noise, and traction. Better to just get something that most people like, not just a few.
Well mine haven't "shreded" yet. :fingersx: Maybe I'm just really lucky, considering I bought the worst tire ever made. I'll let you when they "shred" on me. :biggthump

1 - 20 of 29 Posts