4,498 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
wow congrats for him

·
SR20's since '97
1,630 Posts
Yep.. Well Nissan gave him 0 support. And the community gave him some but not enough to keep doing it. Now hes racing a car backed by GM and Gardella Racing.

Man Honda & VW have kept there Si & GTI Names going and the SE-R name hasnt meant much since the B14.

Bring us a DAMN K20 Style Engine NISSAN! or TURBO.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
They brought us a head that flows like a K20...

Then saddled it to weak valvesprings, small cams with one profile, a horrible rod ratio and a weak block with shitty rings... :D

Of course, I'm talking about the QR25...

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I know we a can only imagine.. VE Head , Calum ECU all kind of stuff has changed. His setup was so basic back then
Do you really think if someone was to build a Pro Drag Sentra, they would run a Calum ECU??? :confused:

JUN

·
SR20's since '97
1,630 Posts
Im just saying we had a cheap setup. This would of allowed adjustability. We were running a JWT Ecu on that setup you think Haltech? or any of those aftermarket ECUs were not available then? THey were.

·
El Amansa Honda
538 Posts
Do you really think if someone was to build a Pro Drag Sentra, they would run a Calum ECU??? :confused:

JUN
They could if their not going to rev over 8k.But I don't know if they would.Ive seen Hondas make 650+ and they run that Hondata s3000 wich is a simulair version like calum ecu.But I fergot that you can tune above 8k with Honda ecu's.And nissan ecu's you can't tune above 8k and a built sr20vet will be reving higher than 8k.Thats the only reason I think it won't be safe to run it.Or is there any others reason why it's not safe to run a calum.Just curios if it could be done.

·
grease monkey
1,386 Posts
heres his new ride

next season he'll be lining up against his old car, and he'll be in for a big surprise.lol, and it ain't gonna have a ve head or a calum ecu, i'll tell you that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts