SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96 200sx se and i was wondering how much the jdm sr20de engine was and what would be the best place to buy the motor and the rest of the stuff. should it come with the transmission,ecu,etc. or do i have to buy that stuff and can i put a lsd trans on it instead.thanks for the replies
------------------
i live everyday by the quarter mile.

[This message has been edited by 96SX-DET- (edited 07-15-2001).]

·
Registered
420 Posts
I am actually in the middle of a JDM swap. The trans, and all that does not come with the eninge. If you find a 96 lsd engine you can put it in, but if you find another year you must also use that year axles. I paid 950 for my 95 engine.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man hey where id you get your engine and how much was a tranny and ecu

------------------
i live everyday by the quarter mile.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
all you want is the motor and ecu. you cannot use the awd tranny and the harness is too much of a pain to hack apart. you can use the harness off your motor. i know it is not a sr20 motor but jamie farrer is using a 1.6l harness on his 10.00 sentra. so yes you can use it on your det. or if you want you can go to a nissan dealer and get a sr20de harness for your car. you will have to send out your ecu or buy a aftermarket management system. i did a tech 2 on my 1996 200sx se-r. works like a charm. but you will need a sr20de tranny, the tranny you have will not bolt to the det. also you will have to buy a flywheel, get a lightened one for a 95-98 sr20 and you will have to drill out the hols to the crank to the size of the existing bolts on the det. depending if you get a gti-r or not. from what i understand a bb crank bolts are the same size as the u.s. sr20 bolts.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
http://www.eiptuning.com/projects/200sxser1stpage.html

[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts