SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Devil's Advocate
Joined
·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post up if you are using the JDM exhaust manifold and what kind of performance it yielded.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
it came on my jdm engine and i did over the secondaries to the firewall, the ports are good and wide and alot of ppl believe not much more is gained from aftermkt headers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
Dave Deen said:
it came on my jdm engine and i did over the secondaries to the firewall, the ports are good and wide and alot of ppl believe not much more is gained from aftermkt headers.
who believes this? maybe a few years ago. aftermarket (even pacesetter) will give better gains over a broader RPM band with higher peak HP.

the jdm tubular, though, is without doubt better than that awkward thing that nissan calls the OEM exhaust mani. those things are terrible!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,089 Posts
I use it and like it, can't afford the HS right now, but the butt dyno was happy when I changed over.
 

·
"Keep firing, Assholes!"
Joined
·
796 Posts
i've got a jdm tubular header lying around as well if someone wants it for a trade or $20 or something. never ran my car with it though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Are you guys talking about a N/A JDM Manifold? Or turbo? I didn't know the N/a on the JDM motor was any different.
 

·
Devil's Advocate
Joined
·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ballistic said:
Are you guys talking about a N/A JDM Manifold? Or turbo? I didn't know the N/a on the JDM motor was any different.
The NA JDM manifold is like a 4-2-1 header.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
So, would it be worthwhile to purchase one of these off one of you guys?
Who said they have some for sale? How much fabrication needs to be done to get it to fit on my stock sr20de?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
744 Posts
I've had mine on for a couple days now and it feels pretty good and sounds better.
 

·
Devil's Advocate
Joined
·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
b13speed said:
I've had mine on for a couple days now and it feels pretty good and sounds better.
Did you tap the Manifold for the o2 sensor or the secondary pipes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
744 Posts
I bought mine already done, but the o2 is in the secondary pipe. I like it better that way too, because it makes the o2 sensor easier to remove.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top