SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I love Katamari
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on the jdm tubular exhaust manifold and of course got conflicting "facts". So far I believe the primary bolts right up and the us secondary bolts to that but is a bit long and hangs an inch low (please correct me if I'm wrong). And the o2 goes from the usdm pri. to the usdm sec., which requires a bung welded on, I'm guessing?

So, I just picked up a jdm intake and want to dump the egr and can only afford the $20 or so for a jdm tubular - what will I have to do to make the header work (keeping in mind that I won't take it to any muffler shops as there are none around here that do either quality work or are affordable - not too mention, I don't want to take half an hour to explain to Cooter what I want and why I'm doing it).

if there are any people w/ firsthand experience on this, I'd greatly appreciate some input.

thanks

Bjorn

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yes people have. I don't think anyone has seen your post yet though.

An if you want a JDM exhaust mani, you can have mine for $25shipped to you.

·
I love Katamari
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what exactly do I have to do to make it work w/ my usdm secondaries?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Bjorn said:
I did a search on the jdm tubular exhaust manifold and of course got conflicting "facts". So far I believe the primary bolts right up and the us secondary bolts to that but is a bit long and hangs an inch low (please correct me if I'm wrong). And the o2 goes from the usdm pri. to the usdm sec., which requires a bung welded on, I'm guessing?
thats mostly it right there. the JDM primaries bolt directly to the USDM secondary, but like you stated, it will hang low, and the secondary maybe needed to be bent so it wont bind so much after you resize it. it will also need an o2 bung welded on. i myself dont have one installed, but i do have a jdm primary and a usdm secondary. you'll probably need a shop to cut and weld it, that is if you dont already know how to weld...

·
I love Katamari
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
REDLINEse-r said:
thats mostly it right there. the JDM primaries bolt directly to the USDM secondary, but like you stated, it will hang low, and the secondary maybe needed to be bent so it wont bind so much after you resize it. it will also need an o2 bung welded on. i myself dont have one installed, but i do have a jdm primary and a usdm secondary. you'll probably need a shop to cut and weld it, that is if you dont already know how to weld...
cool, thanks for the info! It sucks, because I can do mig and stick and I'm pretty good on a torch, but don't own any of them - or have have any friends that do either

1 - 8 of 8 Posts