SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What ALL differences are there between the JDM and the US-Spec engine, at first glance they looked exactly the same, but now I am noticing stuff like a different mounting bracket for the oil filter, and the valve cover is shaped slightly different, I just wanted to know, what else is different? I know about the 10:1 compression, I want to know everything else, if anyone knows, that would be awesome.

------------------
Soon, My SE-R will be BACK

G

·
0 Posts
i dont know too much but i think it has a different intake and exhaust manifolds. you prolly already knew that tho!

------------------
92 NX2000, pop charger, 2.25" cat-back exhaust with Naxos muffler,JDM intake manifold, MSD 6A with master blaster 2 coil, 50-75 shot nos, and 17" enkei suzuka's

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I knew that, but mine will bolt up. Anyone know anything will help.

------------------

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
The hose that goes from the oil seperator to the block is shaped differently too.

Blair

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Blair:
The hose that goes from the oil seperator to the block is shaped differently too.

Blair
</font>
Thats about it. You have to cut the hose/pipe to make the oil seperator fit the US motor. That and the Alternator bracket.

·
Registered
705 Posts
The VC is different?!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Greddy cat-back, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, the shape of the VC is slightly different, you know how there is a hump on the top left hand side like the one on the bottom, well on mine it is just straight across on the top, and the hose for the oil separator comes out of the bottom of the VC instead of branching from the hose that comes out of the side, other than the oil separator, will there be anything that will not hook up the same? Thanks everyone for the help

------------------

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh, hold on I just looked at it and the shape is the same, but the oil filler cap is further to the left, sorry, I looked wrong. but the tube that comes out of the VC to the left of the oil cap on the top is almost all the way to the right side of the VC on the JDM. It is just weird noticing these things because the two are siting next to each other on the floor of the garage.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
My knowledge of these are:

1. half point higher compression: 10:1 as opposed to the US 9.5:1

2. Different, better exhaust manifold, Eric has a pic of one.

That's all I know.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
SR20 Enthusiast
480 Posts
Yeah me too. I think the half a point in compression and the optional NISMO stainless mainifold accounts for the other little bit of power.

------------------
98 200SX SE-R custom cold air by Andreas, AEBS header, Greedy exhaust, JWT motor mounts, UR pullies, Nismo fuel press.reg, JWT C1 cams and JWT gears, Valve springs and titanium retainers, ACT HD/PP, Clutchmasters flywheel,Sprint spring/AGX combo, no cat, custom JWT computer w/cam program, Bored airflow meter, and a best ET of 14.78 @94.8mph on street tires with full interior and no limited slip diff!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts