SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This a basic 8.5:1 motor, it was sort of a spare. Here is the story. This engine was the first one I bought it smoked white all day. I thought it was a headgasket and I had the company send me another motor. I put in the new engine and had the same exact problem. I troubleshot some more and found out that my o-ring on all 4 fuel injectors were toast and was mixing with the lubricant (from the company) in the engine so it wouldn't burn it all out. I believe the first engine to be good. I'll let it go for $200. if not I'll probably buy another sentra and toss this engine. you can search on my username and see the history.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cortrim1 said:
is this a this a det motor or just a jdm sr20de. just wondering if the 8:5:1 is a typo. I am interested either way and am in drving distance.

It is a N/A JDM sr20de (I thought that the normal N/A compression was 8.5:1, it is not a 10:1 engine), I just remembered that it needs a new oil pan like most jdm engines

·
Need Money
421 Posts
JDM engines usually have a 9.5:1 CR or something starting with a 9. 8.5:1 IS the normal CR on USDM motors.

·
Registered
357 Posts
What all is wrong with it, doens tbother me too much i just need it to run temperarily till I get a chance to build it (summer) At that point I will be doing a full rebuild.

Is this just a DET without the turbo setup? Or did you just typo the compression? But I am very interetsed in this, just need the right info lol.

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
if this really is 8:5:1, this would be an awesome motor to throw a t3t04e turbo on and matching items and go for 350 whp ;)

·
Registered
357 Posts
It seems to me like a great base. My only concern is if i get it, it requires more parts than its worth. If you could just send me a list of what all is wrong with it, i could get back to you within the day and let you know if I will buy it or not.

·
4th sr20 and counting..
2,949 Posts
i got next dibs... shipped to 18507

1 - 14 of 14 Posts