SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally.. i thought taking my car to a mechanic to do the swap would be less time consuming than me doing it myself. man was i wrong. well, the engine is in, but he's leaving a few things up to me.. which is fine i suppose.

first off, watanabe didn't send the airbox and intake for the engine.. so i need to find one for a high port motor, anyone?

i also need a new front motor mount, as well as some various vacuum tubes for the intake manifold.. he left the jdm one on there. i'll be putting the one eric waterman sent me on before i get it inspected, but for now, it's okay.

i'm going to see exactly what i need for the car later today or tomorrow morning, then i'll have it brought back to my house so i can complete all this work.

if anyone is interested in coming by and checking it out feel free.

------------------
Jon - '95 G20t

G

·
0 Posts
my swap is almost done too, just need the tranny to go up. ill be there if its done by then.

------------------
92 NX2000 w/ primera swap, MSD ignition, ACT 4 puck clutch, ES motor mounts, Hotshot headers, JWT ECU, A/C taken off, 75 shot of nitrous - want s4 cams and light flywheel.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Sweeeeeeet, MA SE-R meet soon.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU

·
1998ccs of fury
5,489 Posts
Jon's house...Poconos...Jon's house...Poconos...Jon's house...Poconos...Jon's house...Poconos...Jon's house...Poconos...Jon's house...Poconos...Jon's house...Poconos...

The debate continues...

------------------
- 91 Black SE-R -
Formerly GPS-enabled with an Alpine system

·
Registered
80 Posts
Almost 2,000 miles aways my G20 had a Jap Spec Swap last week by Andreas Miko.... I also have some transmission issues but have t admit even stuck in 2nd gear it is pretty sweet ... new tranny this weekend... but somehow don't think I will make it to Beantown ..lol

Good Luck Bump ... maybe if you meet in Poconos I might be tempted ... it is a litle closer

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'm all for meeting up. As long as I can fit it into my busy summer class taking Northeastern schedule.

------------------
Kevin
93 Ruby Pearl Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool guys.. i'm planning on this sunday. i just need to find out exactly what i need and get the parts before hand. i'll let you guys know tomorrow, for all who are interested.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Mind if any of us "Southern Folk" come by to say hello? Promise I won't get in the way.

------------------
Erik, 94 Classic with goodies
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey anyone is invited.. it's just a matter of how much room we'll have.

i'm actually thinking of moving it to the sunday after july 4th. sound alright with you guys?

·
Registered
404 Posts
They never send the airbox or intake. When you purchase the engine that is xactly what you get. Your supposed to swap your old stuff to the new motor. great to hear that your enging is almost ready to run..

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bump909:
first off, watanabe didn't send the airbox and intake for the engine.. so i need to find one for a high port motor, anyone?

]</font>

------------------
92'xe/w-primera swap
Soon to be NOS fed

G

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by david:
I should be free.

</font>
are you from Wooooooostaaaa,

------------------
92 NX2000 w/ primera swap, MSD ignition, ACT 4 puck clutch, ES motor mounts, Hotshot headers, JWT ECU, A/C taken off, 75 shot of nitrous - want s4 cams and light flywheel.

·
Registered
858 Posts
dude CAI and pulleys while you're there man. so little for so much. and it's less of a headache when the engine is but naked like that!

·
Registered
450 Posts
The 8th would be good.

------------------
Erik, 94 Classic with goodies
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts