SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered a downpipe and intercooler and was told intercooler will ship that day(tuesday) and downpipe was out of stock but would be there in 3 days.
I call friday and nothing has been shipped and then told that the downpipe wouldnt be there for 4 weeks!! :confused: I then cancelled the downpipe order, which charged me 15% "restocking fee" for a part that they didnt even have in stock :confused: finaly got my FMIC, 2 weeks late :mad: they will not be getting anymore money from me :mad:

·
Jesus shaved
443 Posts
::braces for ensuing pissing war::

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
wannaSE-R said:
::braces for ensuing pissing war::
I havent had any bad experiences with JGY, but I am sure some people have. If the man's stroy is true, then there shouldnt be any pissing contest.

I would be highly pissed if they tried and charged me 15% fee for something they didnt even have.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Did you try to tell all that to JGY? I've delt with them a few times, and it was always a good experience. I don't know all the details, but it seems that everyone at JGY is reasonable, and should be able to sort it out for you.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup, talked to them almost everyday for about 4-5 days. Got same answer. Kinda bummed 'cause i always heard they were really good and their prices are great. oh well, i might order something if i dont care how long it takes to get to me. But c'mon, 4-5 weeks for a downpipe.

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
I've had good experiences with them. Sorry to hear that. Is it a DP that they are making themselves for you? Is it Custom? I know they used to Stock the usual ones but I believe they were stolen.

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
it seems to me, that most of the people who like them so much, are more local. after my experience with them, i will never do another drop of business withe JGY. i paid 500 dollars for the most ghetto shitty piece of intercooler and crap that i have ever seen. i personally think JGY sucks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea, i was carefull. my friend got just the core and it wasnt much bigger than the sidemount, just stretched out. i got the greddy VSPL.

·
utahnissans.com
5,051 Posts
Jason seems like a good guy but when you are giving the guy $1000 and he emails you pictures of his dog you have to think that the VA weed must be really good. :)

·
GTIRoids
2,918 Posts
In a nutshell Jason is like Chris (sr20 devlopement) That's ironic since they know each other really well. Anyway my dealings with him were good at first also. Now that he's blowin up business wise he has changed :(
His attitude is a I don't type. Heck he won't even talk to me so at least your that far ahead. Joel

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
yeah, it did get really nasty, and though i may have waited too long to complain, i didnt realize how badly i had been ripped off untill the time i posted. JGY beat around the bush, didnt even respond to what i said, but instead insulted me and other people.

oh well, i learned my lesson, and unfortunatly i guess you did too. Neither of us will ever give him our business

·
s13 frankenstein
3,483 Posts
I was a little peeved because i ordered some stuff from them prior to being robbed and was told it would ship same/next day i ordered it, and when i asked them what progress was on it 1.5 weeks later, they still had not shipped it and had sinced been robbed. Now i understand that my parts got stolen so i had to wait longer, but what annoyed me was that they never even shipped it like they said it would be, and than they get robbed and so they i had to wait even longer. On a side note, my fuel rail is tapped in incorrect spots for my brackets to bolt to intake manifold too :(

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
SR20RACER said:
Jason seems like a good guy but when you are giving the guy $1000 and he emails you pictures of his dog you have to think that the VA weed must be really good. :)
:D :D :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
97SE-R C2 said:
Theres your answer. you people don't think do you. They just got robbed "ALMOST EVERYTHING" So heres how it works. If an item is not in stock. You pay them, they order it from Greddy. Greddy says it'll be 4 weeks. You cancel order. JGY does also. JGY gets charged restocking fee. You get charged re-stocking fee. Even though Jason had insurance, this whole ordeal has cost him a good chunk of change (security upgrades) and at this time he probably cannot afford to stock everything. Sorry, but you should have asked if it was instock before ordering.

EDIT: If you want readily available parts all the time, then buy a Honda. The SR20 community is tiny in comparison.
i totaly understand that, and i wouldnt be even remotely bothered by the time delay had i been told 4 weeks. Instead i was told 3 days. i thought they were getting it from somewhere in California.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts