SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
s13 frankenstein
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the newer style fuel rail with the port for a stock/nismo fpr and where the fuel rail is tapped for the brackets that bolt onto the intake manifold dont even come close to the correct spot. The thread for the bracket by the fpr places the bracket like 6" off where its supposed to be. Now the instructions say reshiming, drilling, bending of brackets may be nessasary, but not retapping the rail. Does anyone else have this same problem. It looks like i'm going to have to drill and tap the fuel rail myself :mad:

EDIT

Here is an example of what i'm talking about:

Here is an FTF style fuel rail , which is shorter than the new style with the port for nismo fpr.

Ok, notice that the brackets are by the 2nd and 4th injectors (going from left to right)

Here is a pic of what the new style look like (i edited this from a FTF rail, i dont have a digi camera...)

Now, on the new style fuel rail, the fuel rail is longer to hold the port for the nismo fpr, which bolts on the bottom. My pass side bracket is 6" + off where the pass side bracket on the ftf style fuel rail is. Now what i'm guessing is, when whoever made the rail tapped the hole for the pass side bracket, they placed it to the left of the first injector, thinking that they were placing it to the left of the second injector, where it really should be. (refer to where brackets are on FTF rail), since the new style ones have an addiotonal hole on the bottom for the fpr, and must have thought the hole for the fpr was the hole for the first injector, (sorry if that was a bit confusing). Now i'm going to redo it because i need to get my car runnig asap and i cant wait for JGY to correct this. But all those who plan to get this fuel rail in future beware, that is unless they are made individually and mine was just a "irregular" fuel rail. And i have considered just making an extension off the bracket where its tapped so it can bolt into manifold, but the runners are in the way which make it impossible ....

·
Registered
269 Posts
did you call jgy yet? what did jason say about it?

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
97SE-R C2 said:
Do you have it on backwards. :D J/K Call JGY.
The FPR needs to be on the flywheel side of the engine.

·
No soup for you
2,266 Posts
Andreas Miko said:
The FPR needs to be on the flywheel side of the engine.
Exactly, turn the rail around and flip the legs for the rail. No biggie.

John

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
nope...ive seen lots of setups that have it on the crank pully side of things. you just need to extend the lines over to the other side.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
i think you might have a rwd rail. Ryan accidentally shipped 3 wrong ones. the other two we found out and fixed it. if you ship it back to us we will correct the problem. please include all the fittings and brackets. sorry for the mix up. we'll fix it for you though!
Shaun

·
Registered
616 Posts
either it is backwards, or Ryan sent the wrong one (it won't fit)
check it, call Ryan, he can tell the the correct deminsions, and if it is wrong, we will replace it

after the robbery, we hurridly replaced the rails, and we put some in the wrong bins....you may have a wrong rail, sorry if you do

p.s. Ryan wears thongs

·
Registered
391 Posts
my rail is the same way, although I bought mine used for a lowport, a 96 I believe. I have a 94 and the brackets aren't even close.

·
s13 frankenstein
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I already modified this rail to work with my car, I just wanted to make sure that this wasnt a problem on all the FWD rails so that the situation could be corrected.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i had my feed line on my passenger side, but it was no big problem at all, just re routed the line under the intake manifold and worked just fine.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
se-r pastor said:
my rail is the same way, although I bought mine used for a lowport, a 96 I believe. I have a 94 and the brackets aren't even close.
yeah, we have different brackets for low ports and high ports.
shaun

1 - 14 of 14 Posts