SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listen to this ****. So i was told that my turbo would be here ummmmmm yesterday or today. I paid for it on the July 27th (tuesday). I live in Louisville and its coming from Virgina (so it should take 5days at the longest). I was orignially told 5-7 days from the 28th. So i called today, after it did not arrive. As i quote:

ME: I was wondering about a purchase i made on a turbo about a week ago.
JGY: Yes sir, was it the T25 BB for the Avenir
ME: Yes sir, thats it. Can i get a tracking # or some way to check were the item is?
JGY: No sir, we can't give out tracking #'s because we have had packages stolen after people found out the location of the delivery.
ME: When should i expect it?
JGY: It shipped it out today.
ME: Why did it take so long to ship?
JGY: Had trouble getting off the manifold.
ME: OK thanks alot. (too pissed to say anything else)
JGY: YEP (hang up)......

They are a very respectable shop. Right?!. So how do they have problems taking it off the manifold, when all the shop does are mostly turbo setup's, and are great with them from what i understand? Come on there has to be another reason, maybe he forgot or just got lazy. I just don't see this as a way to handle business, especially since its my first time buying from them. Sorry i had to blow off some steam. Im pissed, and im dying to drive my car. DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT.....

Andru

·
MMM, organized crime
740 Posts
From what I've heard they're one of the best on the scene, and if I end up getting a SR20DET in the future (when I get cash..hah that'll happen) I wouldn't mind driving down there and checking the place out..seem like good guys on the forums. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation..

·
MMM, organized crime
740 Posts
double post..my bad

·
MMM, organized crime
740 Posts
I've yet to do buisness with JGY, but have no hesitation over buying parts from them...they seem like good people offering in general a good product at a good price;/

·
Registered
616 Posts
Sorry for the delays guys. We do the best we can. It's just sometimes hard to get all things to customers when they want them.

I'm not making an excuse just letting you know that I am listening to your complaints.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
SR20de-TNX said:
Listen to this ****. So i was told that my turbo would be here ummmmmm yesterday or today. I paid for it on the July 27th (tuesday). I live in Louisville and its coming from Virgina (so it should take 5days at the longest). I was orignially told 5-7 days from the 28th. So i called today, after it did not arrive. As i quote:

ME: I was wondering about a purchase i made on a turbo about a week ago.
JGY: Yes sir, was it the T25 BB for the Avenir
ME: Yes sir, thats it. Can i get a tracking # or some way to check were the item is?
JGY: No sir, we can't give out tracking #'s because we have had packages stolen after people found out the location of the delivery.
ME: When should i expect it?
JGY: It shipped it out today.
ME: Why did it take so long to ship?
JGY: Had trouble getting off the manifold.
ME: OK thanks alot. (too pissed to say anything else)
JGY: YEP (hang up)......

They are a very respectable shop. Right?!. So how do they have problems taking it off the manifold, when all the shop does are mostly turbo setup's, and are great with them from what i understand? Come on there has to be another reason, maybe he forgot or just got lazy. I just don't see this as a way to handle business, especially since its my first time buying from them. Sorry i had to blow off some steam. Im pissed, and im dying to drive my car. DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT.....

Andru
you didn't talk to me, and you didn't talk to jason. we are the only two males working here. so you might have called the wrong number???? your turbo shiped on the 3rd. you bought it on the 28th, not the 27th. i have a copy of your invoice right here. so your order was out to you within 5 days. thats not as fast as i would have hoped, but its not a terrible wait time either. anyhow, like jason said, we are doing our best, and i hope that you won't hold this instance against us in the future as i would hate to lose your business.
Shaun

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pampadori said:
you didn't talk to me, and you didn't talk to jason. we are the only two males working here. so you might have called the wrong number???? your turbo shiped on the 3rd. you bought it on the 28th, not the 27th. i have a copy of your invoice right here. so your order was out to you within 5 days. thats not as fast as i would have hoped, but its not a terrible wait time either. anyhow, like jason said, we are doing our best, and i hope that you won't hold this instance against us in the future as i would hate to lose your business.
Shaun
I did talk to a Male, and i did not call the wrong #. Unless there is two JGY's with a female who directs calls and there # is 1-276-782-9100. You have proven my point for me. I was TOLD WHEN I BOUGHT IT ON THE 28th BY JASON that it would either ship the same day or the following day which would be the 29th (thursday). Granted that i did get it in 5days, but its the simple fact that your company was not fully honest with me on the shipping situation. I feel that i should have been contacted or atleast written an email, stating that item was going to ship late or something of that nature. Also since it shipped on the 3rd and i got it on the 4th and it was not overnighted, then if it would have shipped on the 29th i would have got it on the 30th. And my car would have been back on the road sooner. True?

I understand that you guys stay busy and seem to be a bit short handed. But i didn't see this as being a good way to handle business especially to a first time buyer. The turbo is in good shape and has absolutely no shaft play. So im happy with my purchase and the shipping situation is now behind me. By the way was this turbo a BB turbo or not? If you guys know?

Thanks for everything
Andru

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Andru - this is the guy that sold you the car Chris - sorry for your trouble with getting a new turbo - to check what turbo it is search the forum - someone posted a list of turbos and the #'s on their tags and how to identify them.

Enjoy the car!

Chris

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
**** happens in this game. I got a muffler on eBay and the package got shipped back to the shipper. They sent it back out as soon as they got it back and we straightened everything out. It's just part of the game.

·
No D E T.
1,436 Posts
i dont know if this is the first time buying car parts online, but recieving parts within 5 days is good. i buy parts often, and ebay often. i generally give evreyhting 7-10 days. dealing with JGY, a SR20 specialty small business, sometimes they get backed up. its just what happens. i wouldnt hold it against them.

·
SR 20 Site newbie
215 Posts
You guy's are kidding right ?. I spent over £2500 at jgy and had to wait 9 month's yes that right it isn't a typo 9 hole month's for my stuff to get to the UK , I could of rowed over and got it quicker.....

My mate Paul had to wait 7 month's for his turbo to arrive also, So please keeps you comments to yourself untill you'ev really had to wait a while, A week doesn't count as a long wait with these guy's, You must earn the right like me to have a moan.

rob

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
While everyone has different experiences/expectations I gotta post mine. Jason MADE a custom rail based off a manifold I sent him and stepped up to the plate to assist me with my project without any questions. he did what he said and produced a part so that other community members could benefit. Great deal in my book, and he was spot on with when he said he'd have it done as well.

·
SE-R Monster
661 Posts
well i have ordered about 8k worth of stuff at various times and every thing was sent when they said it was going to be. every thing i have gotten from them has been top quality. i make most if not all my purchases from them. if you guys cant understand that some times compaines get busy and stuff than you should go in person to buy stuff. after all jgy prices might be high in your mind but you do in general get the best stuff plus some of the best technical help if you need it and i am sure if there is any thing wrong they will be more than happy to fix it.
Rocco

·
Registered
803 Posts
I've personally bought $1500 worth of stuff from JGY and had nothing but good things to say. Sorry...edited

·
Technician @ Toyota
2,852 Posts
JGY is by far the worst company to buy $hit from. They dont know much more than an average tuner and there customer support is non existant. It does not surprise me that they screwed people over just like they did to me... They need to get some better security so they can stop bit$$ing about getting robbed and haveing products stolen and they shoud work on become a reliable source.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.