SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was told my motor was a 10:1 but since I posted pics here some said it may not be. Does the ecu I buy have to be for this exact motor I have? And is it worth it if I have cams and header but no intake? thx

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
Upandrunnin said:
i was told my motor was a 10:1 but since I posted pics here some said it may not be. Does the ecu I buy have to be for this exact motor I have? And is it worth it if I have cams and header but no intake? thx

There is no real diffrence in the timing between a 10 to 1 motor and a 9 to 1 motor. There is no need to tell JWT anything about the compression if it any of the 2. As far as comps go for yor motor with those boltons, I do not feel you will see a big diffrence in HP change from a JWT comp. You are wise to spend your many elsewhere.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andreas Miko said:
There is no real diffrence in the timing between a 10 to 1 motor and a 9 to 1 motor. There is no need to tell JWT anything about the compression if it any of the 2. As far as comps go for yor motor with those boltons, I do not feel you will see a big diffrence in HP change from a JWT comp. You are wise to spend your many elsewhere.
Ok thanks you. I don't feel like throwing money away. Who does? lol

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
me. cuz if you get cams, nos or bla bla bla, you'll have to send the ecu back to get reprogrammed for all your new stuff...and it will cost you an extra 100. it's best to get the ecu only after you know your finished.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mYseRgOesvrOOm said:
me. cuz if you get cams, nos or bla bla bla, you'll have to send the ecu back to get reprogrammed for all your new stuff...and it will cost you an extra 100. it's best to get the ecu only after you know your finished.
Ah good point

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.