SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been emailing JWT for info about their products numerous times and I have NEVER gotten a reply. I emaild them in Dec of 2003 and no reply ... Is this normal? Does any of you have the same experience?

Where else can i go for info on JWT product or should i just change from brand?

:confused:

·
Registered
128 Posts
contact a shop either locally or on the web...hpautoworks.com is a good site and contact the owners, umm i cant really think of any other sites right now but look around. also use the search button for some information on whatever you need from jwt.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've e-mailed JWT on several occasions and have yet to get a responce. I'd imagine that your best bet would be to call them since e-mail seems to be pretty futile.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Az99G20t said:
contact a shop either locally or on the web...hpautoworks.com is a good site and contact the owners, umm i cant really think of any other sites right now but look around. also use the search button for some information on whatever you need from jwt.

so i'm not the only one.... thats good to know. i would have to get a online retailer then. I'm in the netherlands ... hhmm calling is not an option :D

thnx though guys!

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
You have to remember, their **** doesn't stink, but you can sniff it upon appointment, the waiting list is 6 months out. ;)

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Emailing JWT is pointless. Figure they have maybe one person who can answer emails... they probably get a few hundred a day... the best way to contact them is to just call. JWT stuff is some of the best on the market, you don't have to worry about their performance or quality.

·
Registered
232 Posts
jetpilot,

jwt is a buzy shop, and i would suggest, you make up your mind with what do u want to buy, and just call them to order. They dont have time, to reply to questions, that have been answered many many times in this forum.
so your best bet is to decide what do you want to buy, call them and just give them your order.
i have been through it, as i have bought from Jwt in the past and i know they are very buzy. But you dont have to worry about their products. They are really the best available for our cars in the market.
Only one advice from me. If you buy C series camshafts like c2 or c4 with their recommended springs, or even s4s , make sure you buy the JWT ECU too!!!
Otherwize just installing c2 or c3 camshafts in our cars with our european ECU will give you a big zero in power. Unfortunatelly our ECUS with code A11-B70-BF7 DOES NOT i repeat DOES NOT adjust to mods like camshafts and there is no company in Europe who can reliably reprogramme our cars.
check your ECU code numbers and proceed carefully.

alex29

·
G20style.com
1,148 Posts
that's why I don't give them my buisness. why would you want to buisness with a company that doesn't have time for their customers. Plus there prices are outrageous. There are plenty of bigger companies that take the time to repond to emails. where will they be when you have a problem if they won't answer to take your money.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ericdd said:
that's why I don't give them my buisness. why would you want to buisness with a company that doesn't have time for their customers. Plus there prices are outrageous. There are plenty of bigger companies that take the time to repond to emails. where will they be when you have a problem if they won't answer to take your money.

That was my impression actually... That maybe they are not a customer oriented or focused company. But I dont know.... Well time will tell.

·
G20style.com
1,148 Posts
98sr20ve said:
They have always talked to me on the phone and given me the time I needed. Why is everyone afraid of the phone?
well I for one like to get everthing I need to know out of the way before I call up to order. It saves me time and I'm sure it saves them time. You can do an email anytime you have free, but a phone call needs to be done during buisness hours, and I'm sure they have better times of day then others, but I don't know what they are. Atleast they can write an email when they are slow rather than take a phlne call when they are busy.

·
SE-R Mana
759 Posts
My suggestion . . . call them if you really have questions. If calling is too expensive, can you really afford their stuff?

If the time difference is your problem, post a few questions on the technical section of the forum and there are quite a few people very familiar with JWT products.

Are their prices high? Probably not after factoring in R&D and the size of their targeted customer base. They have proven and quality products for Nissans.

Honestly, it takes much longer to answer questions via email than it is over the phone.

·
G20style.com
1,148 Posts
Hawaii_SE-R said:
My suggestion . . . call them if you really have questions. If calling is too expensive, can you really afford their stuff?

If the time difference is your problem, post a few questions on the technical section of the forum and there are quite a few people very familiar with JWT products.

Are their prices high? Probably not after factoring in R&D and the size of their targeted customer base. They have proven and quality products for Nissans.

Honestly, it takes much longer to answer questions via email than it is over the phone.
I'm tired of hearing about R&D. when will they be done paying for it so their prices will go down? NEVER! R&D is long since paid for.

·
and the Blackhearts.
850 Posts
I called them with some questions I had and they were beyond helpfull. Even with questions unrelated to their products.

great service IMHO.

·
SE-R Mana
759 Posts
Ericdd said:
I'm tired of hearing about R&D. when will they be done paying for it so their prices will go down? NEVER! R&D is long since paid for.
When will they be done paying for R&D? NEVER! You are absolutely correct. Do you honestly believe that they can correctly calculate the amount of products they will sell? Should they have figured that they will sell only 200 SR20DE S1 cam sets and in order to recover the R&D cost they should sell them for $5000 each? Who the hell will buy that?

In the event that they do eventually cover the R&D for the S1 cams, why shouldn't they have kept the prices at the original cost. Fine they made a profit . . . how dare they . . . but at least they used some of it to do more research to develop better S- and C- series cams, related ECU programs, and other stuff for other Nissans. They could have sat on their asses and just done one cam design and be done with it.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
If you ever call them, they are ALWAYS helpful and will stay on the phone as long as you need. As for R&D, you don't think new products come out of thin air do you? Seriously, the SE-R crowd is probably the smaller part of their business. Consider the Z32 and Z33 crowds. And since the VQ motor is used in just about everything Nissan makes, developing parts for that motor and its platforms makes more sense. I mean, damn... there's money to be made just between the 350Z and G35. We're fortunate that they still spend time on us. Seriously, you guys have no clue how small their operation is. They just work their asses off to come up with all the products that they make. These guys are true enthusiests who do it because they love it.

And I bet the majority of the emails they get are very basic questions which frankly are not worth their time to answer because you could look it up on the web in about 5 seconds. I'd rather them save money by not hiring someone for $6/hr and put that money into R&D for new products. Hell, it took them like 4 years to update their website which just shows how busy they are.

·
G20style.com
1,148 Posts
Hawaii_SE-R said:
When will they be done paying for R&D? NEVER! You are absolutely correct. Do you honestly believe that they can correctly calculate the amount of products they will sell? Should they have figured that they will sell only 200 SR20DE S1 cam sets and in order to recover the R&D cost they should sell them for $5000 each? Who the hell will buy that?

In the event that they do eventually cover the R&D for the S1 cams, why shouldn't they have kept the prices at the original cost. Fine they made a profit . . . how dare they . . . but at least they used some of it to do more research to develop better S- and C- series cams, related ECU programs, and other stuff for other Nissans. They could have sat on their asses and just done one cam design and be done with it.
OK so if that huge profit paid for the R&D of the next cam in therory the newer cams would be less money right. Or if they kept putting their profit back into R&D then shouldn't there be a ton more stuff available for nissans. How come honda based companies can charge so much less and still keep coming out with new and unique products. Yes they have more people buying, but did you ever think that there would be more people buying Nissans if the products were more available and cheaper. No you guys will just cry that they are stealing JWT designs. BOOWHOO. I'm glad that OBX stealls there designs, it make products for the sr20's cheaper for people with less disposable income. I can spend a fortune on my car, but I'd like to have a life outside of my car as well.

·
Registered
803 Posts
There will never be more people buying products for the SR since there are no cars with that motor in the US in production today. The motor is dead, our market is dying, they have to stay alive. JWT makes some kick ass products for the SR, they aren't cheap, but what they sell works, and works well. OBX didn't steal their design, OBX stole Hotshot designs. You have a Stillen sticker on your valvecover, they're worse than JWT ever could be.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts