SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. I decided to drag out the camera today after I washed my car. You can see she is pretty much stock with the exception of a few bolt ons. Between last week and this week she got new brakes and struts as well as a 1000 watt stereo system. I'll add more pics later.. for now, it's party time!
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Peace out everyone!

·
huh??
3,407 Posts
looks pretty mint

·
convention track slut
3,582 Posts
Is that A-Pillar rust??? I have it on my 1992. My 1993 is MINT I cant believe it rusted in Texas. Maybe its me and the PIX

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
CivicsSuck said:
Clean! How many miles??
When I got her she had 94K on it. I'm the third owner. The 2nd owner only had her about 6 months. Then it came time for a major brake job. So they decided to get rid of it. I picked it up in Boston off of craigslist for 2500. As I was planning to get the car I came across this forum. I then knew just what I had stumbled upon.

nissansr20nx said:
Is that A-Pillar rust??? I have it on my 1992. My 1993 is MINT I cant believe it rusted in Texas. Maybe its me and the PIX
No it's pillar rust alright. There is also some on the rear drivers fender. There isn't any in the rear strut area. The first owner was located in Colorado. So, I imagine that's where the path to rust began. They sold it to a couple and it then came to MA where I got it shortly after.
When I looked at the car right before buyin' it, I noticed they had all the maintenance records since it was new. So I felt good about it's condition and care.

Now she sits in my garage with 125k on her. She's got a nice air cleaner. I also replaced things like the lower control arms, alternator, PS pump, PS High Pressure line, brakes and struts. A short shifter was installed about a month ago and today she got the alignment and wheel balance. I also adjusted the timing so it's driving like it should now! *with the exception of a turbo* I got the basic struts since I couldn't afford to go all out now. So it's basically still stock with a few small changes. I like her stock look. :biggthump Tonight I went to shoot some pool and as I rolled through the parking lot, I got stare after stare. I even had someone come up to me as I parked and complimented me on the car.

The road ahead...
The next thing I need to address is the clutch. I'm still researching my options. I would like to get something a little better than stock that will prepare me IF I decide to go turbo. That's an entire other ball game at this point.
When I first got this thing, I couldn't do much work to it. I didn't have the means when I lived in boston. Now I'm in Houston with an entire garage and driveway at my disposal! So I've quicky learned how to work on this thing. Sometimes during the day or night I just walk into the garage, look at her and smile. :D

I feel sooo good when I crawl out from under it after breathing new life into her. I love my NX. The best, it yet to come!!!
I'll post more pics now. It's crash out time now!

What's that? Just one more pic??? well, okay.....

Lights... Camera.... NX!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
nice too see a clean nx in houston;)

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
Damn fine lookin' egg ya' got there.

We need to get together and talk cars. :biggthump

·
Banned
1,117 Posts
very clean1 dump that bitch though, shes to high

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
neednewser said:
very clean1 dump that bitch though, shes to high
I hear that. The ass end rides a bit low too due to the audio setup's weight. The good thing is that I can remove it all in under 3 mins for a quick weight reduction. When I did the struts, I went with the GR-2 struts since I was stuck with the stock springs. Future plans woud be to take it in the direction of the AGX with some better springs. . .

Thanks everyone for the cool comments. There is a ton of pride in all our rides! SR20 Rox!
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
OKay, I got bored tonight and decided to design a poster of my car. This is the first run. I've still got a lot of touching up to do but I think this is a basic foundation. I still want to clean up the red lines above... maybe toss a grid in there... as well as pull out the Nissan UFO. :eek2:

I want to replace a couple of the top pics with some additional exterior pics.
More soon...

Attention Houston Meet Folks, this is the type of poster I was talking about. The print will be 2' x 3'. more soon! :D

·
Registered
862 Posts
very nice man, any better pics of audio set up?

keep it clean!

-shek

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
SiCrew said:
very nice man, any better pics of audio set up?
keep it clean!
-shek
Here ya go!
1. The Drivers view of the Head Unit... Nothing super special.. about a 4 year old Kenwood MP3 player

2. This is a shot looking into the back seat. I like to keep all the goodies out of plain sight.

3. Here is a shot of the rear seat folded down. Ahh, now we're talking... :)

4. Here is a shot from the side of tha hatch. This is where the bandpass box sits. I've decided to stick with this box for now since it's easy to remove, in good shape and lasted me over four years.

I wish I had lots of shots of a phat-a$$ turbo and bling-tastic rims and such... but I'm gonna have to wait on that for a while. The holidaze are coming up and the dog needs food.

:biggthump:

Thanks again for all the cool comments!

·
JWT Addict
569 Posts
Nice,I had a shot a few months ago on a 93 with 92K on it....

I like the stereo set up,how do you like the Hifonics amp?

How much power the ZEUS putting out?

Thanks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SLOW SR_ said:
Nice,I had a shot a few months ago on a 93 with 92K on it....
I like the stereo set up,how do you like the Hifonics amp?
How much power the ZEUS putting out?
Thanks.
This particular HiFonics amp is pushing about 200 to my mids and highs which consist of Kenwood and Hi Fonics. My Fosgate is cranking about 900 bridged down to 2 ohm. I'm going to be deaf in about a week. :eek2:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts