SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jay Hassinger and I installed my JUN 264's yesterday. I have the 10.5mm lift cams. Install went without a hitch. (Jay has done about 8 SR cam swaps) She started right up and I broke in the cams. Jay says "Are you sure you got the 264's, those things seem big." Haha, they idle very nice. We went for a little test rip. It seems I have actually gained low end power with these cams. Before the cam swap my car wouldn't move at all between 2000-4000 rpms. It would start to pull around 4000 all the way to about 7200 rpms in every gear except first. (First pulled all the way to the rev limiter) With these cams the car gets through the lower rpms noticeably quicker. The car begins to pull harder around 4000 just like with the stock cams. Around 5000 rpms the car really starts to move. 6000 to 7800 comes very fast. Needless to say I am impressed with these camshafts. It seems I have gained power throughout the powerband. I don't want to start any ****, but the car does feel faster than my friends old car which had all the bolt ons I have (no pulleys) and S4's. I am going to try to get to the track this weds. night to get a baseline run in.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
good to hear. i am waiting for my jun 280's with the 11.5 duration. as well as valve springs, retainers, guides and the new 9 lb flywheel. all of these items are going into my freshly built head and short block, but not assembled, gti-r motor. i should get some impressive reslults just as you did.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
http://www.eiptuning.com/projects/200sxser1stpage.html

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Hey Black are you trying to build an All-motor monster? Are you going for a high compression 2.2L instead of turbo? Let me know how you progress over time, u should make a website or something

------------------
Greg Taylor
Black 96 200SX SE-R
More info on my car

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You got it. I will probably throw some juice on next year just for fun, but I want to build an NA monster. I'm being realistic though. I'm a 19 year old college student. I need to get my suspension setup over the winter and then get some events under my belt. There are 300hp NA race cars in europe. (honestly I don't know much about them) I would like to attempt to build a 250hp NA car. Jay Hass thinks it's possible and honestly I hope it is. I think it will be right on the edge of streetability, but we will see. I'd really like to learn more about the 2.2L stroker kit. Jay estimated about 20hp and 20ft/lbs. Yea, its expensive but as Naji said "we have an expensive hobby, i can deal with that." So can I. What else would you rather spend money on?

------------------
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUNCAMS (264's 10.5mm lift) I need the 2.2L stroker kit ;-)

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That should be awesome. Let me know how you like the 280's. I will probably run those cams after I get headwork and higher compression pistons.

------------------
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUNCAMS (264's 10.5mm lift) I need the 2.2L stroker kit ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts