safc
johnny racecar intercooler
vortech fpr boost dependable 12:1
stock sr20 motor
stock cams
stock maf
walbro 255 fuel pump
38 mm wastegate w/8lb spring

question is would that fpr be good enough to handle that 8lbs?

Need some help before install next week. Whats the best thing to do?

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
Well I am not sure what 12:1 is, but you may need to play with your safc settings if your car us already running with the walbro and a stock fpr. I am assuming you are asking is the fpr good enough to handle 8psi boost. YES. The limiting factor for your setup is your maf which you can tweak a little with the safc. I probably would not boost over 8psi with your setup unless you are very comfortable with programing the safc.

·
Registered
410 Posts
dont boost over 8psi, and like goneturbo said, the maf is the restriction here, and also your 370 injectors too when going higher. but for the fpr, yes it will work.
we had the same setup on a 240 (ka24de) turbo, exept he had a different fpr and a 300zx maf, and i dont know if the owner turned up the boost more but he melted #1 piston, and the car was tuned running pretty good on the safc.....

·
RED DEVIL
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New Update

I have a maf from a 2000 q45 thats a lot better than the stock. Right?

·
Nissan freak !!!
355 Posts
Yes !!

The Q45 MAF is pretty big and can calculate more air than your injectors can handle (of gas). If you go with 450cc or bigger, the setup will be less restrictive, but with 450cc, you cannot run a SAFC because it gonna be more than 150% over your stock injectors. (Is that correct..i don't use a SAFC )

Mart

·
RED DEVIL
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
skyliner said:
8psi X (FPR 12:1) = 96 PSI of fuel pressure WOOT!!!!!!!!!
Travis E.
From what I have been told" you need to run 4bar of fuel pressure" what the hell is that. How many psi is 4bar?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts