SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Salivating over sr20s
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a DE swap I just started in my garage. My plan is to complete this project by end of the coming weekend.

Here are some pictures that I will keep updating as I progress...

On a side note, does anyone have a truck that can haul the DE (block only)?

Host of the DE

Open VC view

Ever seen a broken S3 cam? Well, this came out of the car :(

ECU harness removed to be pulled through the firewall

I definitely need new terminals before the drop

Also need to clean up the intake before it goes in

All fluids have already been drained. Car jacked up.
Next:
Wheels/brakes/axles/front & rear mounts come out...

·
Registered
335 Posts
ok who hooked you up with the DE who may i ask ME and do i get any thinks NOOO!!!!! not me,

some friend you are

JK. hope it works out for you man

·
Nissan Addicted
98 Posts
Looks like a clean car and a good project.

Since I rarely see fellow Kansans on here, do you know of some ga to sr and auto to manual swap parts around? I just picked up a 92 SE and want to get started on it and keep shipping costs to a minimum.

·
Salivating over sr20s
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here is the old motor...

Engine bay (begging to be cleaned)

The new longblock that Davy hooked me up with !!! :biggthump

SLEEPNSENTRA, I have just depleted my share of spare parts. However, check with OneSlowB13 regarding any parts. He lives about 30 min away from me and usually will have parts varying from mechanical to cosmetic...

Don't forget to ask Davy either (this guy is a walking encyclopedia of what is available...)

Next: Swapping of accessories begin...

This reminds me: Does anyone have a power steering pump for sale?

·
Registered
476 Posts
How's the swap coming? I might be coming down to KC in the next up coming weekend or beginning of June to hang out with a friend. I'd be down to get dirty and help ya if ya need it.

I swapped a jspec SR20DE into my old P10. So this should be pretty fun.

·
Salivating over sr20s
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The swap is coming along. I need to swap the accessories, plug the tranny and drop it back in... (sounds like a five minute job, don't it).

Yeah, let me know when you are in town and we can catch some lunch. Will you be the driving the G ride to KC?

I am planning to work hard core on the car this weekend. Some gasket orders and needed parts had slowed me down, but they are all here now.

·
Is that wrong??
2,118 Posts
i wanna see pics of the interior! is this car clean or what?

·
Registered
226 Posts
That car is very clean,I can vouch cause it is my old car... it could be a little clean-er as far as the body goes but not too bad on the inside either... Possibly couple burn holes in the seats but its not too shabby besides that... Ill post pictures of my new project shortly... It should be aleast Natuarally Aspirated and running by this weekend... turbo motor is still being built... Good luck with the rest of your swap

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Hey man, if you ever need any help, or know of SE-R meets, let me know. I'm out in Manhattan now, so I definitely could use some of my free time meeting up forum people. ****, let me know if you got something going on this weekend for that matter.

·
Salivating over sr20s
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sure. KS/MO is definitely due for a meet. There is always the local weekend hangouts by every other honda/chevy/pontiac/...ect but nothing productive

1 - 13 of 13 Posts