SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, ive had my 1992 Nx2000 for about 2 weeks now and I absolutely love the car...i wanted to know what i should get done first and then proceed from there...supposedly it has fresh plugs (not sure which kind yet, have to check) stock plugs (car has only 64k on it) and a fresh oil change (probably 10w 30) and air filter (stock replacement). Just curious of what you guys think i should do. Your input will be very helpful...thanks in advance..

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I actually meant to say new plugs and stock plug wires...thanks guys...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Remove the bottom half of the airbox and use speaker wire, chicken wire, or something like that to hold the filter in.
Ask Ben D. about that one.

How much do you want to spend? A K&N dropin filter is pretty cheap, but you won't notice a performance difference. You could put synthetic oil in the car. You might notice that it revs better.

Ben
'93 NX

·
Registered
52 Posts
definitely do an oil flush but go with 5w 30. i tried synthetic but found my oil level was pretty low on my 5000km oil change, so now i am trying standard 5w 30 to see if there is any difference.

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Nice, you got it just in time for a 60K tune up!

First thing is set your timing to 19 degrees and use 92 octane gas. Believe me, you'll feel the difference. Do an MAF reground, recalibrate your TPS, make sure those are NGK spark plugs, clean out your throttle body, do an STP engine flush, and use Mobil 1 5w30.

Do the airbox mod and throttle cable to like what was suggested earlier to get awesome throttle response.

Good luck!

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
Bay Area, CA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts