SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With AGX's, and H&R springs. I left the shocks on 2 in front and 4 rear. It was a world of difference, as my rears heve been shot for like 4 months, and the front just went three weeks ago. I finally realized the potential of my Nitto's. They make the car a veritable rocket-sled in the winter. Now i'm glad I got em. It's like curling, but you have to be inside the rock.
The H&R springs are phenomenal. Thanks Sean.
I also installed the Crank, and power/steering pump underdrive pulleys, for good measure. I only really feel them above 5k. Iv'e read that they are there earlier in the powerband, I dunno. They did seem to smooth out the idle which was slightly erratic, especially when I use the a/c. It jumps to like 1100 when I turn the wheel back, and forth???
My cabin is quieter, and the exhaust is less intrusive at the antinode speeds.(physics people you know what I mean right? C'mon all you nerds)
Those front brake clips were really a pain at first, then I thought "Screwdrive=Chisel" "Hey that groove fits perfect, I wonder if they did it like that on purpose?" I knew I read somehting about them on the forum. I don't remember where I read this, but it is only one of a number of potential pitfalls I have avoided by reading about the follies, and triumph of other owners here. But i forget who, so I can't thank that person for the clip thing. Sorry bud, whoever you are

Next up '91 intake cam, and PR/CAI if nizmo.com didnt drop the ball on this one, and I ever get it.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hey let me know when you wanna have a mini geek out at your house man. If you can squeeze about 5 cars or more i'm sure you will meet some new SR20 friends. I know thats how I made some really good friends since I had my car for only 1 year. If you set something up i'm down for it.

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER....now with HS Gen 4 Headers

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lemme know when you wanna do work on your car. You can use my garage whenever man. It's up a nasty hill though, and if you have sprotlines forget it. You'll drag frint, and rear. I now use ramps at the bottom for buttercup, and her GReddy clears by like 1cm! H&R's lower the ride less than other springs. Either i'll get better ramps, or we can work on your car at the bottom of the driveway. the garage does fit two cars though
That invitation goes for any other nerds, geeks, and assorted miscreants as well.
I'm gonna do the 91 intake cam this week, maybe thursday, as well as the CAI which incidentally didnt come today.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Ben,

I'm glad you like the springs. I accidently deleted your last email, so sorry I didn't reply. Did you figure out the nut thing with the front struts?
The one thing I noticed with the pulleys was I didn't notice the power loss with the A/C on as much as I used to.
Now, Get out there and autocross. Trust me you won't regret it.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah man i figured it out. gotts ta finish the brakes before I autocross. I'd like a little more power, and these es inserts too. Any idea why my rears brakes are not disengeging properly with the metal master pads ? I think it might be the recycled shims.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Those front brake clips were really a pain at first, then I thought "Screwdrive=Chisel"</font>
hehe. I was trying to pry it off the first time, but I couldn't get it. So I said f%ck it and used a screwdriver and a hammer. Worked Perfectly. Done it that way every time since.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
I'm down for another New England meet.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you guys are up for an SE-R geek-out, then so am I. hopefuly i'll have all my mods of this round of upgrade done this weekend. Then I'll be down to auto-x, drag at some strip, or just help wrench on somebody else's car. Whatever, lemme know when you guys wanna parlei.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts