SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ended up being able to use 2 180's and 1 90 degree for the 2". Then 1 180 for the intake. The intake straight towards the fender then cuts towards the driver side door with a 45 degree elbow.

The hotside has a 45 degree elbow off the front facing T25 then to the single piece which runs through a hole in the fender well where the A/C and Water resevoir used to reside.

I messed up a few cuts on the cold side 2" so thats why I have so many couplers. At least they are all simple to get to though and the pipes have no more than 3/4" between eachother. SHould work worlds better than last years ghetto setup. LOL

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hardware store :D I also found the perfect size fittings for the DSM BOV to recirc and a fitting that fits the oil tub off the VC perfectly. I'll snap a closer pic.
Heres the pic. They both fit perfectly. I got out of the Store for 5 dollars and some change. The 2 fittings (which are cut ni half, so find a friend and sell him the other halfs) and 2 feet of the hose, in which I only used about 9 inches. The hose is double walled and the white mesh is for reinforcement. I got the hose Idea from Brent (Coach)

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JasOne510 said:
Is that a custom pipe that connects to the throttle body (with the dsm bov on it) or is that the BB tmic U-shaped pipe?
Paint is the Duplicolor Wheel paint. The Pipe with the flange is the OEM piece for a U13.
The pool table is more or less used as a prop for Pics rather than playing pool :eek:

·
Registered
241 Posts
very clean work. QUESTION? why do i see so many people running recirculated bov on sr20de fwd motors? is it nesseary or is it a noice polution thing?

*spelling* <---not perfect

·
Registered
947 Posts
maxpower said:
very clean work. QUESTION? why do i see so many people running recirculated bov on sr20de fwd motors? is it nesseary or is it a noice polution thing?

*spelling* <---not perfect
The sr20 fwd motors run a MAF (I think the rwd ones do too) and this is basically a closed loop system. If you run your BOV to the atmosphere it will confuse the MAF and the car will have an eratic idle and may backfire after shifts from running rich. At least that was what mine did, but I think if you had a stand alone ems you could "tune" it to run with an atmospheric BOV...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sooo, Chris, who is the friend that gets the other half of your fittings? maybe a certain NX2000 owner in Elk Rapids?

Pipes look good man. I may need to meet with you on my brother's T25. I can't seem to get it to clock properly and have the wastegate bolt up.

Brent

Edit: Oh yeah, and I am signed in on his name right now, LOL!

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Freakin beautiful man, love the setup...where's the hot side pics? All I see is the intake pipe and cold side? I am going to be making some custom pipes in a while and I want to see how you will do the setup. Is this on a lowport?

Justin

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The hot side is the second pic down, bottom left. Its a single pipe. I'll have to get you some pics when on the car. As far as the DP goes, I'd definately say 2.5" at least for hot and cold sides.

Brent, My damn boss threw away the other half of the oil fitting to the VC. :( I am shipping the BOV piece out though.

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
so you cut it up yourself and then took it to a shop to get welded? Could you show us a picture of the turbo? I wanna see where your outlet is... also do you retain your foglights with that setup? The ghetto setup I have now I got no foglights, cause it was really desgined for a b13

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.