SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
B13/P11
1,810 Posts
looks good. what intercooler is that and what are the measurments?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
very nice setup and lookin good on the piping. Oh, and i like the icon "im rick james biatch" haha

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
bead roll, or weld little bumps on the ends of those pipes, unless you like random blow-offs.

·
No soup for you
2,266 Posts
Thanks for posting, I'm about to build aluminum piping for mine. I was debating on polishing or not, now I think I will. Looks great!

John

·
No soup for you
2,266 Posts
Steve was saying without a bead on the edge where your couplers go, the pipe will blow off when bigger amounts of boost are applied.

John

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
SR20RACER said:
looks nice, any tips on polishing them? ALso, where is your radiator overflow bottle?

same here? i polished my avenir valve cover. but wow let me tell you that wasnt fun lol! im sure round pipes will be easier though

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It takes a while, but this is the way i did it.

First I started with 150 sandpaper, followed by 220,320,400,600,1000,2000. After a good wetsanding, it was ready to be polished. I used Mothers aluminum polishing and rubbed it in real good. You have to sand those pieces real good. If you start seeing a shine at the 2000 grit paper, your doing great!. Once polished use terry towels to remove the polish and there you have it. An inexepensive expensive look!

Jose

·
Keeping It Real
637 Posts
Enemigo said:
When will the car be done? Will it be done today? Lets meet tomorrow... Did you show Nick the pics of my car? Let him see it *****! :D

Jose
Well, the car will be officially done tomorrow. It was already started and it sounded great! We can meet tomorrow at the shop. Do you know where it is? Drop me an email and phone call. I should be there most of the morning and half the afternoon. After that, I'm headed to get an alignment and a carwash. My car sounds so freakin good! I didn't show Nick the pictures because he has been SO busy with my ride. If you come over, it would be better. ;) I know Nick hasn't seen you since you left the shop. Neo Tech is off the 67 North off of Prospect. :)

·
back in the game
491 Posts
We need to meet you guys...I wanna see your cars

1 - 20 of 22 Posts