SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Retired for now...
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i just got 2 free de long blocks and a High port manifold and i wanted to know how to store it to prevent surface rust and what not....one block has some rust in the piston holes but the other doesnt....so i was gonna use the one with no rust to rebuild and the other for parts if i need too or maybe re sleeve? Im not for sure and quite new to this building motor game...

Im gonna do some research but can anyone throw out some stuff i can do for cheap to a block...maybe not so cheap but to build a nice bottom end for boost..maybe even a ve head..my goal is to have a built block for back up incase one of my DET's go....

I got a stand and will be doing everything on it....Im looking for maybe lower compression with out hurting the block...I got my fsm by my side for spec....just need some direction on what i should be doing first....

Thanks
Brian

Btw i dont have head yet becuase im waiting to see what im going to do with the blocks first.

·
fugg it
245 Posts
as for storage, go to autozone and buy some silicone lubricant. spray everything down and wipe it clean with a rag. don't worry about wiping down the outside so much, but inside the bores, on the pistons, etc be careful

·
Registered
90 Posts
To store my block I just welded up a steel frame with supports that bolted up to the motor mounts. As for keeping rust out of your cylinders, just open up the spark plugs and dump any kind of *clean* oil you like right down in there until it's full. Then just let it sit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts