SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rolled in from the convention, I so tried and I have to go to work tomorrow. :mad: All I can say is I had ALOT of fun, learned alot at the track day, I didn't run but got a ride along that really opened my eyes. Met a whole lot of people off the forum, and really enjoyed myself. Nobody made an azz of themselves at the track, and nobody bent any sheet metal. The only big loss was Chris's motor, which sounded really really bad. Well I'm too tired to write anymore so .........

Travis E.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
I just got back tos.... actually made it in just under 7 hours, not to bad. It was definatly a great time. I can't wait until next years, but now it is time for sleep!

-Mike

·
Registered
205 Posts
Wow, I just arrived home to Tampa after a long nine hour drive. I had a blast! This years convention was everything I expected and more! It was really nice to finally meet friends I have spoke to for so many years. I had so much fun that three days seemed like one. Time really flies when you're having a great time. A HUGE thanks goes out to everyone who made it to the convention this year! As for anyone who has never been to a SERCA convention, you really have no idea what you're missing.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
93 SE-R Pilot said:
Wow, I just arrived home to Tampa after a long nine hour drive. I had a blast! This years convention was everything I expected and more! It was really nice to finally meet friends I have spoke to for so many years. I had so much fun that three days seemed like one. Time really flies when you're having a great time. A HUGE thanks goes out to everyone who made it to the convention this year! As for anyone who has never been to a SERCA convention, you really have no idea what you're missing.

What up Eric? I just got home too. Damn, the last 30 miles were like....must....keep.....eyes.....open. Anyways made it home safe also, and had a blast this year too. Will post wild pics and vids later on, but man, I have got to get some sleep, going on only 3-4 hours sleep now.

·
No soup for you
2,266 Posts
Howdy gentlemen, ladies and some peoples children. Myself and Lionel made it back in a whopping 5 hours. All is well here. I'm looking forward to seeing all of the great pics.

Also, anyone feel free to send me anything showing the little B12 that could. Thanks guys!

This year was awesome. Everyone came together to make one helluva a weekend to remember. Big Thanks go out to Eric Waterman and Eric "Hope" Kovacs (pronounced Kovach people) :D

Next years convention will be in Cali in May, so everyone start planning now!

John

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
Myself, Bryan Cembor, Tim Rogers and Josh from Decatur (G20.net) made it into the ATL last night around 8:00 pm. We all did our best to keep together through the whole trip back despite all the tractor trailers and crappy I-20.

I had a GREAT time getting to place faces with names, and seeing people I haven't seen in years. I just wish I could have said hi more people, but didn't get around to it. Hopefully, I'll win the lottery and be able to come out to the next event in May!

The convention made me love the SE-R community even more and I may even join SERCA and talk my wife into letting me support our vendors :D

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
Yeah Sam, that ride back was pain... i just tried to keep the cruise control pegged at 80. all that damn construction! however, with all the drafting i was doing with Semi's and SUVs i got fantastic gas mileage! 162 miles on less than half a tank! it was nice for out little caravan to get back together for rolling into ATL... i didn't even realize we'd gotten into GA until we hit Carollton!

can't wait for May!... though no car at that convention.. RENTAL!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
My ride back to TN was pretty fun, I had a little fun with an Audi TT and a Lexus GS300. I averaged exactly 85mph the whole way on a little less than half a tank, and I didn't even have to get gas until I got in my state.

I passed someone in another red classic with a "no VTEC" sticker. Whoever that was, I tried to say whatsup but I passed by kind of quick.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
b13speed said:
My ride back to TN was pretty fun, I had a little fun with an Audi TT and a Lexus GS300. I averaged exactly 85mph the whole way on a little less than half a tank, and I didn't even have to get gas until I got in my state.

I passed someone in another red classic with a "no VTEC" sticker. Whoever that was, I tried to say whatsup but I passed by kind of quick.
That was me! But I didnt see you, and only one or two people passed me the entire trip home. I was doing between 80 and 85 most of the way. I am surprised I didnt see you.

-Mike

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
We made it back in about 6 hours... Great trip.. and I'm glad I decided to come out. This was my first convention, and it was definately a blast! You guys are all a great bunch. Thanks for the rides around the track, I nearly lost my breakfast after a few laps in the rental car.. I won't mention any names on that.. ;) I've never realy been into road course racing, but man... after riding in a nice car around the track, I think I could easily get into it! There were many highlights, and funny moments.. Great pics and videos taken too. See you guys next year, I'll definately be there!
Travis

·
Registered
744 Posts
mpg9999 said:
That was me! But I didnt see you, and only one or two people passed me the entire trip home. I was doing between 80 and 85 most of the way. I am surprised I didnt see you.

-Mike
I was blowing because I thought you had your window down(couldn't tell really cause it was dark)

Did you see that state trooper parked in the ditch with no lights on? He scared the piss out of me, but luckily I was only going 78 at the time.

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Well We all made it back safe and sound to NYC. After hitting afew deers on the highyway. 17 long hours. Only thing kept me up was dexters LED taillights. But i had a great time out there it was great to finally meet some of you guys in person.

So i'll be calling Alabama again tonight, I baged me up the girl from the front desk of the Hotel Adrienne, So she said she also wants to take a trip out here. I might be looking more forward to that than the next convention.

But i'll be there in So Call, With the SE-R this time.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
b13speed said:
I was blowing because I thought you had your window down(couldn't tell really cause it was dark)

Did you see that state trooper parked in the ditch with no lights on? He scared the piss out of me, but luckily I was only going 78 at the time.
Nope, I only saw one cop, and he had someone pulled over, maybe that was him. When did you pass me? I was hoping I would catch up to someone. Eh, oh well.

-Mike

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Urbanracerone said:
So i'll be calling Alabama again tonight, I baged me up the girl from the front desk of the Hotel Adrienne.
You mean the one that was wearing the bloody prisoner outfit on Friday night? Niiiiice.

I made it back after a very long Sunday. Towed Chriscar's SE-R up to Nashville, with Calum living out his lifelong dream piloting my SE-R behind me. We dropped Chris's car at about 8pm eastern time, put my car back on the trailer (what a trooper that car is), and I arrived home at 2:12am. Unloaded the small stuff (the car is STILL on the trailer in front of my house), and slept in until....

6:20am! I was in the office at 7am, and worked until 3pm today. An hour's nap and I'm about to go unload the SE-R finally.

That, and clean the 1,223 bugs on the front of the Lightning.

More details/pics/video to come once I get my brain up to working speed. ;)

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
We rolled in at about 5pm today but we cheated and spent the night in Virginia :) Glad to hear everyone is making it back in one piece. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics Greg.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
paNX2K&SE-R said:
We rolled in at about 5pm today but we cheated and spent the night in Virginia :) Glad to hear everyone is making it back in one piece. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics Greg.
It wasn't cheating. We drove right around 8 hours yesterday and another 5 or 6 or so Sunday. I was a lot more awake on Sunday, maybe we should have driven further. ;)

·
little Thunder
1,969 Posts
paNX2K&SE-R said:
Hi Matt! Good to meet you again... :)

Well, we cheated as well... As Cliff drove my SE-R and I drove my NX, we stayed the night over at Lebanon, TN. The reason is because we stopped at Manchester to eat at Cracker Barrel. The lady there told us about the #2 store that was ever built on Lebanon. So the next morning (Monday) we ate at the #2 store for breakfast and then moved on to Chicago.

Got home at around 9pm with both cars safely. I am so glad that both cars made it to Birmingham, ran at the track and now resting and relaxing back at Chi cago.

I am glad to hear that everyone has made it home safely! I definitely enjoyed the convention and there are other things that happen at the convention that I can't say here, aside from you just have to be there.

·
Tools on order
1,758 Posts
We made it back safely, we had a few eventfull moments. 1 rolled over SUV, the people were still trapped inside. :( 1 jacknifed flipped semi truck. 1 6 foot ladder in the middle of the fast lane. 1 CF hood that I had to re-tape twice. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
trance34 said:
We made it back safely, we had a few eventfull moments. 1 rolled over SUV, the people were still trapped inside. :( 1 jacknifed flipped semi truck. 1 6 foot ladder in the middle of the fast lane. 1 CF hood that I had to re-tape twice. :)

And on the way there, one game of Days of Thunder thanks to a van that literally smoke screened the entire highway. Brake lights were just disappearing in front of me. Scary!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts