SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
Joined
·
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can drive around without fear of my life now!






Yeah, that's a base model Sentra with a spoiler and foglights... yeah...



------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
sweet ben.. i just got mine for my G as well. i got the 195/65/14 WS-15s at a pretty good price.. $67 mounted and balanced.

------------------
Jon
'95 Infiniti G20t
Stillen intake, HS header, custom exhaust, Apex'i Dunk muffler, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch
 

·
former pulsar car whore
Joined
·
1,397 Posts
Cool, my snow tires just went on today too. Too bad I really don't have to worry about the traction like you too with the turbo.
 

·
www.motorists.org
Joined
·
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are snow AND ice tires. From tirerack.com:

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Then Bridgestone introduced a new type of winter tire which in addition to its exceptional snow traction could even come close to equaling the ice traction of studded tires ... without the studs. And by establishing a higher benchmark for dedicated winter tires, the Blizzak's exceptional snow and ice traction revealed the inherent compromises of all-season tires. Today, the Blizzak WS-50 represents the second generation of Bridgestone's WinterBiter tires. So if you want to maximize all of your vehicle's winter capabilities, the Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50 will help provide the snow and ice traction you need.

The Blizzak WS-50 features a symmetric tread design with flow-through grooves to help maintain good traction on wet and slush covered roads while its zig-zag sipes and independent tread blocks provide the edges to help bite through snow. It also features Bridgestone's latest Tube Multicell Compound which helps disperse water to reduce the risk of slipping on the thin surface film of water that makes ice so dangerous.

NOTE: The first 55% of the Blizzak WS-50 tread depth features the Link Multicell Compound while the remaining 45% features a standard winter tire compound.

The Blizzak WS-50 meets the industry's severe snow service requirements and is branded with the snowflake-on-the-mountain symbol. It features blackwall styling and is available in 80-, 75-, 70-, 65 and 60-series, Q-speed rated sizes for 13" to 16" wheel diameters.

Bridgestone's Ultimate Network of Intelligent Tire Technology (UNI-T) brings advanced tire technologies together, taking tire performance to a new level. This combination of innovative tire design, roundness and tread compound maximize the tire's performance, ride quality and wear.

Blizzaks on all wheels - Due to the revolutionary traction capabilities of the Blizzak, Bridgestone recommends using Blizzaks only in sets of four to provide the best handling characteristics and tire performance.
</font>
------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO
 

·
I drive a race car again!
Joined
·
1,370 Posts
A worthy purchase - otherwise things like this happen (half worn Dunlop SP8000's + zero degree temp + hidden, snow covered curb = busted 6 year old ghetto air dam)
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
LOL... Snow tires? While you guys are buying new tires, I'm buying new shorts
 

·
_______
Joined
·
3,640 Posts
Ben what did you pay for that package if You don't mind me asking? Also did the tire come with the rims?

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
How do the Blizzaks hook up vs. all-season tires? My NX2000's skittish in the powder with 185/70R-14 all-season rubber... how do things improve w/ winter rubber?

BTW, another question... how much is my speedo off by because of running 185/70R-14s instead of the 185/60R-14s it says to run on the inside of the door?

------------------
Nissan, baby, Nissan :D

 

·
www.motorists.org
Joined
·
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can go to tirerack.com and it's really easy to find the price. Just enter your year, make, and model of car, and they will suggest this wheel and tire package. Steel wheels and tires it was $423 I think. Maybe $428. With tax (since the tirerack has a shipping place in Indiana) and shipping it was $499.83. Should be about $25 cheaper without state sales tax.
 

·
www.motorists.org
Joined
·
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With the Proxies I was just all over the place on unpacked snow. With these tires you move around very little. On packed snow they are wonderful. Two lane road where I often drive has a few feet of snow off the edge of it in the grass because of the snow plows piling it up. The right lane is pretty snowy most of the time because of that snow drifting. I drove on it a few days ago with everyone in the left lane to stay in the clear lane going like 35-40. I was speeding past them doing 50 in the other lane as sure-footed as can be.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top