SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found that I had 4 hours of free time today, so instead of waiting til Saturday when a friend was going to help me, I stopped by Autozone and picked up a spring compressor and did the job.

Life is good :)

Took me, myself, and I 3.5 hours to do it with two quick water breaks and a trip to the john. Just bought a 207 piece tool set from Sears last week and just let me say that it is SO NICE to have EVERY TOOL you need to do a job. :) Anyways, got everything in, stuck the fronts on 1 and the rears on two and hurried to work since I finished just in time to wash up, change, and drive to work.

First impression on 1 front and 2 rear:
A bit bouncy. Definitely needed to be stiffer. I know this is only like the very first 3 miles put on the setup, but that's what I felt.

An hour after I got to work I got to go out and get food since I haven't eaten today yet. :) Put the rears to 4 (so easy! the 98 SE rims have holes just the right size for you hands!) and the fronts to 2 (also cake!) and there was much rejoicing. As of right now I like these settings MUCH better. That may change as I get more used to them and the setup settles in.

So far I am VERY satisfied. I think I will be more satisfied with them when track days roll around.

G

·
0 Posts
I just received mine for my 91 se-r,. gonna install Friday evening with help. They are awesome looking...looks like great quality. Can't wait! :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I know I should get one. Just didn't quite have time today... will have time tomorrow.

Glad you got yours Russ! If you look on Mike Gosselin's site at his GABs they look almost identical to the AGXs...

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another comment I forgot to add:
Brake dive and acceleration raise(?) is practically eliminated. The cars manners are much more refined. No more boaty charging off from stops and nose-scraping stops. I like :)

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well Im wanting to get a set of the agx/prokits this summer. I would like a question if you dont mind. How much were your prokits and agx's? I dont know the price difference for the classics with the 4 struts but would like to know how much I need to save.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man I love everything about these things! Still have them set 2 in front and 4 in the rear and LOVE the ride. I CAN'T WAIT to grab Rob Rood's 3 week used Proxes and put them on there. The RSA's are merely adequate.

Takeoff is much easier too. Since the front end doesn't jump up everytime I takeoff from a stop OR shift it simply makes it MUCH MORE EASY to drive. Modulating the clutch and gas from a stop is MUCH easier.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
www.p-s-t.com $389 shipped for B13 or B14. RussSER got his from there too.

Also www.shox.com has the best deal on Pro Kits right now. $189 (not shipped)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well a fellow SE-R enthusiast, Pearlene Lum (and boyfriend) came over today to check out my new suspension. They have a very sweet gray 98 NX2k with Konigs, Hotshot header and JWT cams. Took them for a ride on 2 front and 4 rear and they liked it, then I turned them up to full stiff 4 front and 8 rear just to see what it would be like.

WOW. Who needs swaybars? There was *no* sway. And the poor stock RSAs! They screamed for mercy. But no roll :) and the ride is not rough! You know how they say the AGXs and Pro Kits need a week or two to "break in" and "soften up" so they are particularly stiff for the first week. I really have no problem with 4 front and 8 rear right now. The ride is only about 5-10% generally stiffer than 2 front 4 rear, but the handling increase is more like 20% increase in handling over 2 front 4 rear. It's phenomenal and the ride isn't punishing. I cringed when some particularly nasty train tracks were coming up, went over them, and was like "Wow, that wasn't bad at all." It's really a good ride for how well it handles. I'm keeping it at 4 and 8 for now :)

Then I thought "Well maybe I'll wear them out prematurely" then remembered they have a lifetime warranty so doesn't matter anyways.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
really a 98 nx2k? damn, must be a limited edition b/c I have never even heard of a 98 being made :)

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Oh hell a new NX j/k. From all the good stuff Im hearing Im really wanting that setup now. Now to get a job this summer to pay for this stuff.

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Ben,

I am so glad you are enjoying the new suspension. But the sway bars makes it even better. I like my AGXs @ 1 and 2. At Willow Springs I set them to 3 and 5. That was the best set-up. Ben, you will have lots of fun @ the convention especially if you install Mike's headers.

http://www.geocities.com/n_dahi
98 SE-R: PR CAI, HS G3 Header, JWT S3 Cams, Timing @ 18, PS Shifter, STBs,
Pro-Kits/KYB-AGXs/ST Bars, AD22VF/Axxis Pads/SS Lines, UR 4-Pulleys,
Volk TE-37/Potenza RE-71 205/50ZR15.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts