SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the jwt 100 - shot ecu and direct port setup and I just got a j-spec motor and Ive installed it but have not ran it yet. Jim said I NEEd to run race fuel instead of 92 octane. I was wondering if any of yall have this setup and if you run race fuel, mix, or just 92 octane. Thanks.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well waddayaknow...I got myself a twin..woohoo. I ran the kit w/ 91 octane and showed signs of detonation. I am not too sure but I was told that I have the 9.5 JDM spec primera motor. I have raced w/ 103 octane on the track to cushion against detonation. I didn't know about Jim recommending race fuel for the direct port nitrous kit though.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
I've had the most success mixing in one gallon of 110 or 116 with 2-3 gallons of 93 unleaded. Mine's a direct port 'wet' setup, so YMMV.

I've heard to stay away from straight 110 or 116, and that the mix is much better.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I raced w/ straight 103 @ the track. In fact, being the monkey I am..I put in all 5 gallons of it. So after the track, I was driving around town w/ 103 octane. Hopefully I didn't do any harm.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I think Ill just run the usual 92 octane and just mix in some race fuel before I run it at the track but I guess that means I cant race with it on the street and if I do I have to get ready for it before hand. How do you mix the fuel? Do you have your own barrels or do you just fill your tank with race fuel when you know you have a certain amout of 92 octane already in there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts