SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
white91'Allmotor
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the jwt filter reusable like the K&n? I know the 300zx filters from jwt are because it said it is on the website . Is one better over the other?

·
Is an SE-R/VE a VE-R?
2,262 Posts
Yes. Miko 'made me' get one with the ve conversion.
Jer

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
lol, filters better than a JWT....why because its got a cool JDM name like Apexi? any gauze based filter is basicly the same...worst downfall to them is the oil you have to put on them killing hotwire maf's. foam based filters just plain out suck.

the thing with the pop charger is the large venturi design of it. normal "maf adapters" do nothing for smoothing the air. just a hole. the pop charger is a smooth curve and inlet into the maf which when mounted has little to no lip or transition into the maf so air is moving less violently.

the pop charger is about the only product i would ever recomend from JWT anymore. atleast on it, you cant really screw it up

·
JWT Addict
569 Posts
Word on the street says JWT is better.:cool:

·
bitemyshinymetalass
1,240 Posts
lol, filters better than a JWT....why because its got a cool JDM name like Apexi? any gauze based filter is basicly the same...worst downfall to them is the oil you have to put on them killing hotwire maf's. foam based filters just plain out suck.

the thing with the pop charger is the large venturi design of it. normal "maf adapters" do nothing for smoothing the air. just a hole. the pop charger is a smooth curve and inlet into the maf which when mounted has little to no lip or transition into the maf so air is moving less violently.

the pop charger is about the only product i would ever recomend from JWT anymore. atleast on it, you cant really screw it up
^^^+1 on the venturi, have used K&N + JWT venturi on 2 cars, one for 10 years.

No MAF problems, either, I suspect people must over-oil their filters - I have 3 cars with K&N "wet" filters, all Nissans, and none have ever had any issue with MAF - and inside behind the venturi ring, things are "clean-room" clean - even where I never cleaned anything (the 10 year old one).

I just clean the filters about once a year, that's it, sometimes longer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts