SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the cams got dialed in by the seat of the pants method (don't ask). Dyno runs were EXCELLENT
185.1 SAE Net HP and 144 ft\lbs of torque at approx 7000 rpm (red line is at 8100 rpm)
(see last post for previous run)
We hope the motor stays together for the rest of the season (3 more races of 1 hour each) Wish us luck at Mosport this weekend!!!!

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Hey, I know how they got dialled in, I was there!

By a lucky coincidence, I got my car dynoed at DPE right before the Bob Armstrong car. Believe me, mine was much less impressive, and much quieter.

That car screamed!

I may show to Mosport on Sunday and check it out

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, 144 at the wheels
The engine ran beautifully at the track today. fastest lap ever
Nothing like the scream of an SR20DE uncorked and at redline

[This message has been edited by dgerryts (edited 09-02-2001).]

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spnx:
Hey, I know how they got dialled in, I was there!

By a lucky coincidence, I got my car dynoed at DPE right before the Bob Armstrong car. Believe me, mine was much less impressive, and much quieter.

That car screamed!

I may show to Mosport on Sunday and check it out
</font>
Yea it sounds pretty good doesn't, at least some body here was there to see the dyno pulls. You probably met my compatriot Glenn at DPE. I,m the other tech who works on the car. btw, what did you pull?????

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Good stuff!! I didn't make it out there today, but I do want to see the car on the track for sure. Very impressive! REALLY LOUD, TOO! My God. Awesome.

Yes, I met Glenn. Great guy, really friendly.

I pulled 142.6 @ the wheels, but I'm working out some gremlins with my torque numbers. I should be around 130, but I'm at 119. Way off. I'm not sure what the issue is, but I'm going to work on it.

[This message has been edited by spnx (edited 09-02-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts