SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SR 20 Dreamer
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would there be to little pwer under 3k to make this worth while? or would the +4k benifits make it worth while?

·
VE-T tester
1,146 Posts
I don't think there really is that much loss on the bottom. A good friend of mine has s4s and he still has a strong bottom, but it really picks up at 5k compared to stock. note this is NA. I am guessing the bigger cams would need more work with timing...

·
Registered
156 Posts
c3's are a lot different than the s series cams'

you'll probably have a very lopey idle, and depending on what turbo you go with you may make a decent amount of power or it may just be a dyno queen.
what are you goals for the car

joe

·
SR 20 Dreamer
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what are you goals for the car

joe
Well, started of going to be a throttle boddied C3 cammed high comp monster - however, i'm at the stage now where if i wanted to tap the block, the next couple of weeks will be the time.

Going N/A i'm after a low 200whp
Going Turbo a low 300whp

but please bare in mind i already have the C3's and V/S's, ported head, bored block etc

·
54C PWNS ME
1,840 Posts
do you already have the C3's?

The only turbo I can see that would make use of the C3s would be something like a GT35R or something bigger. Otherwise S4s are your best friend.

And even with a setup with C3s and a GT35R or bigger. the car will make power all on top end. It would just be nuts.

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
T3/T4 is a GT35R, IIRC, just not straight T4, hence the T3/T4. You'll make more power on a GT35R and above than a T3/T4 hybrid.

With the amount of work you have done, just go with a GT40R :D :D :D

·
SR 20 Dreamer
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wouldn't a GT40R be a little..........er................much?

The only concerns i have with going TOO big turbowise, is tractability and gearbox longevity. Seriously considering getting the gears cryo treated and shot peened. I have head of people welding the gear box housing in certain areas where it will flex under the excess torque. But i have no idea where to get the welding done.

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
The P11 tranny holds out more than the B13/14 tranny, IIRC.

·
54C PWNS ME
1,840 Posts
yes it holds more than all of our other weaksauce gearboxes, but it doesnt mean that it will handle a setup that will be putting down over 500 whp easy like a C3+ GT35R and up would easily produce. Like i said before. Sell the parts and go with S4's. The best cam made period for a car that will be driven on the street for any setup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts