SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have cams and rocker arm stopper's. How long should it take a knowledgeable person to install these?

how about someone who hasn't done this before?

·
Gone V8 Hunting Lately?
1,172 Posts
I installed mine. I have never put cams in before but I knew the process. Taking my time and 2 trips to Auto Zone it took me about 4 hours. Make sure you get a ft. lb. and a small in. lb. torque wrench. You will need both. Don't make the mistake I did and use the hook to hold the chain tensioner, make a wedge like the JWT instruction say. If I had of used a wedge I probably would have saved about an hour.

·
I like the boost!
419 Posts
squeezinSE said:
I have cams and rocker arm stopper's. How long should it take a knowledgeable person to install these?

how about someone who hasn't done this before?
30mins max. I've done it in under 15 in a pinch.

Just double check your torque.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Plan on taking an entire afternoon, so that you are not rushed and do everything right. Tightening the cam keeper bolts in proper order and to the proper torque is *critical*.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
[email protected]$t9d7 said:
Don't make the mistake I did and use the hook to hold the chain tensioner, make a wedge like the JWT instruction say. If I had of used a wedge I probably would have saved about an hour.

I wouldn't recommend doing either, it's a *much* better idea to simply remove the timing chain tensioner. Two 10mm nuts and thats it.

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
i used the wedge method and it took me about 90 mins doing the job myself

1 - 6 of 6 Posts