SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a testimant to the fact that the JWT clutch set up (Pressure plate, stock disc) is great. This is when my car only had an POP intake, Borla Muffler, 1st Generation Stillen header and ECU. No suspension, 15X7's and Falkens.
I have a little more power now but the clutch is kind of worn. It still chirps 2nd gear after a tranny swap, motor swap, several track events (drag and roadracing). I would recommend it to anyone. I hear that they have a new set up that they recommend. Whats the deal with that?

http://laf.cioe.com/~benbobbo/ianjiggyroom/Just_an_Intake_and_muffler_with%20_JWT%20_Clutch_%20Set_%20Up.mpg

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
Cool...just to attest to the ACT, I can get 3rd gear chirps with 17's ,205/40/17's with intake /header/91 intake cam....stock ecu, stock exhaust...just thought I'd add to the thread.....I hear they are both awesome clutches.

------------------
Brad B. 96 SE-R
PR CAI,HS Gen 4,ACT,ES motor mnts,1.8 dropw/AGX's,F&R STB's,17deg timing,91 intake cam,NGK wires,205/40/17 Kumho 712's,SMC short shifter,Royal Purple synthetics..AND A VANILLA AIR FRESHENER!

·
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Black200sxSER:
Cool...just to attest to the ACT, I can get 3rd gear chirps with 17's ,205/40/17's with intake /header/91 intake cam....stock ecu, stock exhaust...just thought I'd add to the thread.....I hear they are both awesome clutches.

</font>
BTW, Watermelon air freshner.

·
Registered
420 Posts
WIth my falkens, my ACT chirp 4th once (don't ask my brother did it, that was when it was fresh) and would chirp 3rd all day long. I just ordered a stock Nissan disc. So I'll be running an ACT PP with a stock disc. We'll see how that works.

G

·
I am in dire need of a new clutch and was already thinking about the JWT setup, and this post has me convinced. thanks

Danny

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Whats the best price anyones gotten on that JWT setup? Also isn't that PP the same as a Clutchmasters? Just with the better stock disk instead of the one that CM offers with their setup?

·
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by white92ser:
I am in dire need of a new clutch and was already thinking about the JWT setup, and this post has me convinced. thanks

Danny
</font>
That was in 98. This is 2001. That clutch set up has been thru a motor and tranny. It is awesome. This is what the car is doing now!
I might change the clutch next year. Imagine 3 years of abusive driving. Unbelievable. When I had my SE-R I went thru two Centerfudge clutches in less than 6 months. Centerfuck is the worst clutch I have ever used! One wore out one exploded in my tranny.
http://laf.cioe.com/~benbobbo/ianjiggyroom/ian1.mpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts