SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dynoed my car with my JWT ECU today. The result 7 hp.......loss.
The
only thing I can think of was the ECU had a sticker that said S3/S4 cam
program, but I have stock cams. I had the timing at 15 deg, ran it twice,
advanced it to 17 deg, no change. The car ran a little lean too. The runs
before this was a 141hp run, now my best was a 133hp with 15 deg and 134hp
with 17 deg. How much timing does the cam program take off? I didn't order
the ECU with the cam program, and my receipt from APEX doesn't mention it
either. Please help. Here are the runs:
http://members.home.net/sr20pwr/JWThp.jpg

http://members.home.net/sr20pwr/JWTtq.jpg

the first 2 are 15deg and the second 2 are 17deg.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Hmmm I bet it would take off 7hp to guess
Well I would just call them up and see what they say. Cause I doubt the wrong cam program does much good... Probaly just a screw up, or you could since you have the ECU order the cams
LOL while you are in there.......

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
if you don't want the ecu, I will trade you for my stock 98. I am looking for an older one anyway. (95-97 mt)

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Dude..that sucks.

But here's my advice. Wait another couple weeks to dyno it. I bet you'll see some decent hp GAINS. Try it.

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/ Pirelli P700Z's

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

14's this season

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still have the OE ECU so I'm going to try again tonight. Its not like I swapped the ECUs and dynoed the same day. I put the JWT in friday, and ran it last night. I bought a ECU from a junk yard for $75, and sent that one in as my core.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Seriously, wait about two weeks.

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/ Pirelli P700Z's

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

14's this season

·
Registered
194 Posts
hey noVTECSER, I thought we have a "learning" computer in our cars? I have read somewhere when you do mods, or other major changes to unplug the positive battery terminal for like 2 hours. This supposedly resets the computer memory for ignition timing, fuel curves, etc. Then it starts to relearn under the new circumstances when the battery is reconnected. Don't know if this is true, but when I bought my JWT computer for my 92 se-r and then later for my 96 se-r, this is what I did, seems to work though. Good luck.

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jacen99SE:
Do you have a stock ecu handy that you could put back in and dyno? Any 95-97 200SX SE-R going to be at the dyno day that you could borrow?</font>
I M, hehe...

------------------
Ryan Walsh...1st 97 owner ever to succesfully mount a 98SE exhaust to a 97SER!
relaxing after a quiet ride home from SF2K1. first day without an exhaust in a long time.

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Seriously, wait about two weeks.

</font>
Jordan he doesnt have the new cams, if thats what you are thinking. just the ecu.

------------------
Ryan Walsh...1st 97 owner ever to succesfully mount a 98SE exhaust to a 97SER!
relaxing after a quiet ride home from SF2K1. first day without an exhaust in a long time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts