SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the situation,

Can I get a 1.6L ecu reprogrammed to work with a blue bird DET and the standard sr20de sensors?

I swear my old ecu (I sold cause I was gunna install it in my nx instead of my 200sx) said on the bill it was a 1.6 core....

Anyways JWT told me they can't do 97 and 98 ecus - I was like huh? I know they can't do 98's but 97?

Also - they said they can reprogram the ecu but Ihave to use the 1.6L sensors (02, temp, and no more knock sensor).

Does that make sense or was my guy smoking something?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
513 Posts
They definitely can reprogram 97 ecu's. Something is up there. As for the other stuff. I'm stumped! At first glance I'd say no. But, that is just a guess:)

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
That makes complete sense. You would have to use the GA16DE sensors since its a GA16DE ecu that you are trying to reprogram. I would get an SR20DE ECU if money was not an issue and have that reprogrammed. Also, the years they are talking about relate to the GA16DE ecu and not the SR20DE ecu. They can reprogram ecu's from 91-97 for the SR20DE.

-saaby

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.