SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I want to just plug this in to get the higher rev limiter! But it would run like **** cuz #1 I don't have the right injectors in, #2 it's programmed for 8.5:1 compression and for a turbo car, #3 I don't have an FSM to tell me which wires are which so that I can move them around so this ECU will work with my 98.

JWT is out to lunch right now so they are going to call me back any minute so I can discuss shipping the ECU for them for reprogramming.

I also called Courtesy and ordered the following:
-all the exhaust gaskets I need
-new injector O-rings
-an FSM
-and that trunk net I've wanted for a long time

Thanksgiving break will be the time to rock and roll

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Again.... I say "nice". When are you sending the ecu out?

Mike w/big expensive high powered matchbox car sitting in the driveway.(Has a dead ECU
I fedXed it out to JWT today to have them look at it. Hopefully I'll get it back by next Wednesday)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ben

Are you gonna run the interheater on your DET or are you gonna slap on a front mount right off the bat? I really want the front mount but there is this 240 up here that I've been eyeing. And I'll need something to get me from point A to point B while my car is down.

Mel

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would have liked to send it out tomorrow, but when I called JWT the secretary said the techs were out to lunch and they would call me back. This was about 2:30PM. Left for work at 4:45 and my parents told me at 6:30PM or so when they got back from errands that they had called and left a message on the machine. I don't see why I can't go ahead and ship it off with a letter inside telling who I am and what I need done and just talk to them about it Monday before they receive it.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mel- ain't got a DET. Got the turbo parts off of a DET that I am putting on my 98 Sentra's DE. Since you can't top mount that interheater on a low port engine (not that I care to anyways) it will be front mounted from the getgo.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ooooops... doh! My bad. I might end up having to run the interheater for like a month after I get the motor in. That sucks. I'm hoping I won't though. Guess I'll have to wait and see then. Can't wait to go turbo though.

Mel

G

·
0 Posts
hey ben...
if you don't mind me asking, what was the cost of the turbo? i assume it was a jdm peice?

TIA

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's (gasp) the turbo stuff off of Mike Jez's blown DET from the convention. I know it's cursed, but he gave it to me for a good price
I got:

-Turbo manifold
-T25 turbo
-custom 2.5" mandrel downpipe from turbo to cat Mike got made for it- he paid like $250 for this piece
-370cc injectors
-turbo intake tube with all the necessary vacuum lines
-recirculation valve w/TB tube thing (since hacked off)
-interheater
-new (extra) turbo outlet elbow Mike had bought for some reason

All for $1000
When he offered prices for it I immediately emailed him and said "I want it! And don't forget who it was who dragged your ass back up from the convention..."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts