SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Parting out my car
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how much tweaking you can do on your car after you get a tuned JWT ECU before you have to send it back for a retune.

Any experiences with this?

For example, on a given setup can you go from boosting 8PSI to 12PSI with teh same ECU (can it use teh same fuel maps)?

t'anks, eh!

D

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
You can't do crap to it man. About all you got is timing and fuel pressure. Anything else, send it back in. JWT IS EXPENSIVE>

Brent

·
Registered
895 Posts
Jwt doesnt program for specific boost levels, so yes you can up the boost and the ecu will automatically compensate. You only need to send it back if your doing major changes. (changing maf, changing injectors, dif compression pistons, cams, etc..)

·
PWND by SR20's
646 Posts
A great combo is a JWT ecu and an Apexi SAFC II. Still gives you the great original tune by Jim Wolf, but allows you to take it to the dyno and really dial the fuel curve in for whatever boost level you want to run. A wideband O2 sensor will allow you to tune it yourself, but if you dont know what your doing, leave it to the pro's ;)

Jeremy

·
Cookin Up Some Snails
1,348 Posts
A great combo is a JWT ecu and an Apexi SAFC II. Still gives you the great original tune by Jim Wolf, but allows you to take it to the dyno and really dial the fuel curve in for whatever boost level you want to run.

Jeremy
You are correct. I have that set up and its worked fine for over 3 years.

Ive gone from 7psi to 15 psi no problem, the SAFC can adjust your fuel to you injectors but if you are running 370cc they will soon be maxed out of their cycle.

JWT run a bit rich but that all can be solved with the SAFC

·
egg beater:)
457 Posts
A great combo is a JWT ecu and an Apexi SAFC II. Still gives you the great original tune by Jim Wolf, but allows you to take it to the dyno and really dial the fuel curve in for whatever boost level you want to run.

Jeremy
don't forget a wideband o2 sensor if you don't want to dyno tune it...:biggthump

·
PWND by SR20's
646 Posts
don't forget a wideband o2 sensor if you don't want to dyno tune it...:biggthump
Forgot about that one :D

im used to having a dyno 5 minutes from my house :cool:

Jeremy

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
calumsult ECU > JWT+SAFC2. Why run a piggy back to modify stuff like maf voltages when you can just change the tables to do what you want? Just saying... plus for the price of a JWT and SAFC2 you can buy a realtime ECU and have beer money left over for the afterparty

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
Just wondering how much tweaking you can do on your car after you get a tuned JWT ECU before you have to send it back for a retune.

Any experiences with this?

For example, on a given setup can you go from boosting 8PSI to 12PSI with teh same ECU (can it use teh same fuel maps)?

t'anks, eh!

D
As long as you programmed it with injectors that can handle the extra boost you are just fine, however like everyone else says you cant reporgram it yourself

calumsult ECU > JWT+SAFC2. Why run a piggy back to modify stuff like maf voltages when you can just change the tables to do what you want? Just saying... plus for the price of a JWT and SAFC2 you can buy a realtime ECU and have beer money left over for the afterparty
this is a great option if you know what you are doing... its also good because of this forum and calum, you can always get someone to hook you up with a map close to what you need
i currently have a jwt now but once I get my turbo setup , i wont be reprogramming, i will be getting a calum (the b14 realtime should be out by then)
His realtime ecu's are great, you can change things "on the fly"

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
the way most people have told me it acts like, is they say it acts like an emanage where you make a change and hit save. some of the software could be better sure, but when was the last time you didnt complain about windows doing something stupid. i wish i knew how to program better, id write something. as it is tuner pro rt isnt horrible, just backwards :D

i dont see how "know what you are doing" means much. As you can blow up your car just as easy with JWT+SAFC2. Any tuning you do has that posibility. turning up the boost, boom. lean the mix out, boom. swap the maf, boom... list goes on. i just dont like piggy back systems. flashy lcd's do nothing for me.

my plans are if i keep the nx and blow the motor is ill get a ve. i do plan to upgrade to a realtime if i ever do that. ive got a basic board in there ,actualy one of the first boards ever made as well....but its what i want it to do. right now i just dont see a reason why anyone that likes tinkering with there car would ever buy a jwt again.

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
i meant the calum or safc + jwt over a jwt alone
Both are good options if you know what you are doing...
Calum is the better choice...

but for plug and play jwt is the choice

1 - 12 of 12 Posts