SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to know how much they cost and if they are worth it..i was reading sport compact car and they said with the nos that the ecu works really well....i guess i should visit their site..but they dont have prices... well..i am sorry i am asking so many questioins. everybody is being very helpful. thanks

·
_______
3,640 Posts
I take it you have an NX. The programs for the 91-94 OBDI are cheaper than the programs for the 95-97 OBDII cars. Not sure on the price but I think its $495 vs. $595.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Yeah,that was at the SoCal-SERCA dyno day. LM Frank Orozco got 60HP from a 50HP NOS set up with the JWT ECU w/NOS program. If I were going to use NOS,and I just may,I'd would definately go with the JWT NOS program.
The NOS program works several ways;1)It doesn't let the NOS selenoid activate untill your motor is above a set rpm. 2)It doesn't let the NOS selenoid activate untill your motor is a WOT. 3)It will make the injectors flow more fuel(up to their limits,which is why JWT doesn't recommend going past an 80shot with OE injectors)to prevent the motor from going lean. 4) And this is really important,the NOS program cuts off the selenoids several hundred rpm's before your rev limiter actives. Run NOS when the rev limiter activates and BOOM!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my nos system is the zex system..it already has a built in computer..i really dont know how it works but i dont need a computer ..i dont know if anyone knows then kan you tell me. and explain it to me. thanks. my gf bought it for me. hehe

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, those zex systems are cool. and not always (thank you know who) when you hit the rev limiter, your engine blows. I have done this twice. once with the speed limiter, and once with the rev limiter. it killed my engine w/ the speed limiter and I almost peed my pants, and took the bottle off my car right then, and then I came to my senses and thought to myself "if I was more responsible, this would not have happened" and it hasnt, het :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts