SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, this is my 2nd ECU in my SE-R thats from JWT...and its the 2nd ****ed up one already. 1st one was totally custom, for my DET with NISMO 555cc injectors and a Z32 TTZ MAF. Well they got that one all wrong and the car would not idle good and stumble like hell. The injector duty was all ****ed up. 2nd ECU for NA, the car overheats when just idleing. It hasn't done this with a Cali ECU, so I know its the ECU. I don't feel any diff eighter. So I give it 2 thumbs down-not worth 595 bux. I also have their clutch, about 25K miles on it, and also some turbo miles and its not as good as a ACT clutch. Its slips a bit. JWT S3 cams, installed in a 98 SE-R, the RIGHT way, and checked lost almost 15HP at low RRMs over stock, and gained 4-6HP on very very top end... whats up with that ? There are other companies out there that I think have been working on Nissans for way longer than JWT and know their ****. This is why I don't recomend JWT products at all.

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
Sounds like bad installs or 2nd hand purchases...I have a JWT ecu and cams to be installed real soon, but so far I haven't experienced any problems with my ecu...I think you should give em another try. I've never heard anything bad about Jim Wolf products and you have to give his establishment credit, he sells tons of aftermarket Nissan products that he and clark have tested themselves, and the real cool thing he still finds time to answer the
phone and give his customers advice....give em call!...619 442 0680...JWT is all Nissan's got.

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
WOW I must say these are the first "bad" things I have heard about JWT. The only thing I can think of is that it's because you have such a unique application, although I know CLark should be able to program an ECU for just about any application. Sucks it's not working out for you! ANyway, what about JUN? They are SR20 gods as well. Any thoghts there? I've gotta say, so far I love my JWT stuff!

late,
wes

www.wes.nissanpower.com

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No bad installs here, U can't **** up installing a ECU. I am totally dissatisfied with it. My new car will probably run a JDM ECU and **** JWT. I am not paying em 600 bux-RETAIL price for something that might cost 200 bux at most. If they can't program my simple DET why even **** with it ? tell me straight up we can't do it. Not give me BS about other crap. I am not some little kid of the street that dunno shieet about cars. My next SR20 will not even use a Nissan ECU. I have done alot of work on V8s and I can apply alot of it towards 4 bangers. I have more knoledge about **** like this than some Joe Smoe or some Eric Waterman dude
. No one will be pulling my chain. I like doing things diff from others, it might be bad, but atleast it sets my car apart from others. If U don't like it tough, this is my oppinion. There are other companies out the who will make me parts for less with way more attention to detail.

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
LOL yes it's hard to **** up an ecu install? What is JWT saying? Are they not willing to fix your problem free of charge? Kinda shitty if so. ANyways, any idea about the JUN ****? Given that any thought?

late,
wes

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
Jim Wolf isn't all nissan has. It is if u don't want to look far an have the money. If I were u an payed 600 bills for a Reprogramed ECU I would send it back till they get it right. Lucky U didn't say that on the SE-R mailin list they would have Flamed u bad.

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
You can f**k up an ECU install, if it is assumed that a all ECU'S are the same with the acception of manual or automatic transmission. What I mean is sometimes people purchase thru classifieds and other 2nd hand methods and think as long as the ECU matches my transmission type (manual or auto) it will work with my SE-R......WRONG!
I made this assumption trying to find the cheap way out, but I checked with JWT was told that though a car may have an SE-R engine the ECU's are programed different from car to car(200SX/AUTO,G20/AUTO, ETC),So buy your ECU upgrades new or make sure of the source from which it came.
different car? different ECU, different ECU different results......Nigel 95G20t/auto

[Edited by paradyme (12-06-2000 at 08:25 AM).]

·
Registered
496 Posts
This whole thing is very surprising. Jim himself spent at least a half hour on the phone with me just about everytime i call with a problem or tuning advice. If you call Wolf ask for Ben, tell him you are on the list and you are having problems. I guarantee they will drop everything and solve it for you. If i were you i'd give them another chance top sort this out before saying they suck.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have more knoledge about **** like this than some Joe Smoe or some Eric Waterman dude
Ok Mike, now I'm taking this personal. How many motors have I blown up? MMMMMM...NONE. You? 2. You say one thing on the list or here, then 5 minutes later, you say something else. What gives?
My new car will probably run a JDM ECU and **** JWT
Then...
My next SR20 will not even use a Nissan ECU
WTF is this? What kind of JDM ECU are you going to use then? A toyota or honda? I used to respect what you said, but now, its all garbage.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Sorry, Mike, but you are acting VERY irrationally. You are telling me things like "I already nad no speed limiter and it only upped my RPM limit 250RPM, woohoo." Well that you knew ahead of time, dumbass. You weren't suprised by that.

You had less than a day with the new ECU and you were ready to just bash JWT and say everything they do is **** straight off without calling them to troubleshoot, just flaming away without a rational thought. NONE of what you've said on the list or here is rational whatsoever. Show some maturity, grow up, and troubleshoot the problem.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Eric, I was just joking about U in the other mail about Joe Smoe and Eric Waterman- I knew U had no ECU
As for the ECU itself someone must have ****ed with it at my old work cause it was unpluged inside it. It works as promissed and its learning.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Actually your message says something about me not having any knowledge when it comes to cars. With all the ranting you have done here and on the list, I'm sure most people are tired of it too. You change your mind about your car more then some people change their underwear. Turbo , no turbo, stoker, no stoker, JDM ECU, no Nissan ECU, what's next? Do us a favor, buy a Honda. You would fit in perfectly with the honduh crowd, no offense Brent, or Bret(I can't remember off hand). You can easily comfuse new people or people who browse the list or this forum with all your misinformation.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey,no prob!
im not offended at all.It takes a lot to get me going!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hey Brett, what do you have planned for the Si...i have a buddy who has one i do all the work on it, because he trusts me after see my SE-R. The SI really is nice to work on. I put in his short shifter, ES Suspension and ES Motor Mount bushings, DUNK EXhaust, AEM Intake and JDM Header with Hi Flow Cat...I got a 15.0 on the G-Tech in the quarter with it. I like the way it pulls all the way to 8000 rpm...too bad it can't get more low end grunt but it is really kooool when the big cam comes on at around 5500..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sure I might change my mind alot, many of us do... trust me I will buy a Honduhh before a 200SX. Atleast I can make a Honduhh run 13s NA...something *A* 200SX can't do-yet. Show me one 200 that can do it ? I can put a Honduhh togheter for soo cheap run 13s and get bad ass gas mileage and never know its a 13 sec car. Called a B20 w/B16 head swap into a 93 Civic CX hatch. I do not plan on buying a Honduhh, but I might build one for my friend. I have built a few 350s that put out some bad ass #s NA with just a cam and high compression pistons and stock wedge heads. I will built a NA SR20 using nothing but Japanesse parts. Including ECU. I said I will go turbo- and I have, I have done bolt ons, I said I will. I never did do NOS and never will. So what are U crying about ? Damn U guys sound like some of the loosers on the Si board. I love hearding those NISSAN sucks discussions. KLASIK POWER.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
actually,im waiting for the greddy turbo kit to come out.If it ever comes out,that is.If it wont be out for a while,then prolly a bunch of bolt ons,but i really want forced induction.Any suggestions guys?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
who was the guy from AL that ran a 13 all motor? I know there are quite a few all motor se-rs running around that do low 14s with full interior.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Brett- wasnt the Greddy kit in SCC last month? I thought it was in production already. Have you looked at FMAX? I am pretty sure they make a kit for your car. you always have the Jackson Racing super charger and whats the other SC that just came out? (Eaton?) or you could just do a custom turbo install.

MarC

[Edited by ser_200sx (12-08-2000 at 12:09 AM).]

1 - 20 of 54 Posts