SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
aka the OG VspecSER
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just replaced my old, slipping Exedy clutch with a JWT pressure plate and B15 2000 disc, as suggested by some of my fellow SR20 junkies.
First thing I noticed off the bat was the pedal pressure was stiffer than most ppl have said. Is that normal for a brand new clutch? I don't remember my Exedy being firm then become lighter as it was broken in. It was light from the start.
Anyone with this clutch setup can verify? Will the JWT PP become lighter when broken in or is there something wrong with the installation that may have caused the form pedal? TIA.

·
keeps on going
379 Posts
I wouldn't say the pedal feel is soft. It's definitely firmer than a stock clutch but it is very daily driver firm that doesn't become a pita. It's nice that you have an s4 because I can relate to a stock one...it should be softer than that and engage lower.

·
aka the OG VspecSER
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its wayyy firmer than my S4's clutch and I'm running an RS4 clutch on that car! I'm gonna give it a couple weeks but I'm pretty skeptical the pedal feel will get lighter after breaking it in. :(

·
Drivin' my life away. . .
409 Posts
How old is your clutch cable? I just replaced mine and I was amazed at how easier the pedal felt with the new cable. I could barely pull the old cable by hand after I took it out. I just had the JWT+2000 installed in my car and it is only slightly stiffer than the OEM clutch.
Sometimes the adjustment point will make a difference in feel, too.

·
aka the OG VspecSER
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How old is your clutch cable? I just replaced mine and I was amazed at how easier the pedal felt with the new cable. I could barely pull the old cable by hand after I took it out. I just had the JWT+2000 installed in my car and it is only slightly stiffer than the OEM clutch.
Sometimes the adjustment point will make a difference in feel, too.
My clutch cable isnt more than a few yrs old and it was perfectly fine with my old Exedy clutch. Maybe I'll try adjusting the engagement point since its a little low but I doubt that will make a difference.

·
bitemyshinymetalass
1,240 Posts
Yes, compared to stock mine is def stiffer pedal feel with lower engagement, I love it. It's nothing however compared to the full JWT 1200 kg clamping force clutch with JWT aluminum FW on my '04 G Coupe, that is a real positive clutch. It's OEM clutch was half the force and so weak it died from slippage before 30k miles. But very happy with the combo in my B13, when the second car's clutch eventually goes I'll put one in there, too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would say it is a nice firm feel, stiffer than stock but wont kill your leg in stop start traffic :)

the old ACT clutch I had was very stiff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts