SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have run this clutch setup before or are running it currently, How do you like it? What are you impressions of pedal feel and holding capacity? Im guessing with the stock disk engagement is stock like? Also JWT says the setup is capable of holding a T28 at stock boost. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Soopastank said:
For those that have run this clutch setup before or are running it currently, How do you like it? What are you impressions of pedal feel and holding capacity? Im guessing with the stock disk engagement is stock like? Also JWT says the setup is capable of holding a T28 at stock boost. What do you guys think?
This is the setup I currently have on my NX. I totally dig the "pansy" clutch pedal feel. It's softer than stock, and clutch engagement is slightly lower than stock. Definitely an adequate clutch upgrade if you ask me. It's already survived 3 track events-ful of misshifts. :D Keep in mind that my car is stockish, so YMMV. If JWT says the pressure plate can hold a T28 at stock boost, then it should. Though, I'd probably take it easy on the tranny (i.e. no crazy power shifting).

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey irwin i'm actually looking for a good clutch setup too...I'll probaly be getting one by next week...

Well i called ACT and asked them what clutch i should get and the guy i talked to said with bolt-ons and a 50-75 shot of NOS i should get the ACT s/s extreme clutch...which is about $50 more then the heavy duty...i think its rated at over 300 lbs of tq...I'm thinking it might be overkill and might just go with the heavy duty 240lb's of tq..

by the way fastlane quoted me 320.00 for the heavy duty s/s clutch...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey bro, do they ship. I'm getting the 6 puck with HDPP. Can you PM me with their info. $320 doesn't sound bad.

Alfie

stankser said:
Hey irwin i'm actually looking for a good clutch setup too...I'll probaly be getting one by next week...

Well i called ACT and asked them what clutch i should get and the guy i talked to said with bolt-ons and a 50-75 shot of NOS i should get the ACT s/s extreme clutch...which is about $50 more then the heavy duty...i think its rated at over 300 lbs of tq...I'm thinking it might be overkill and might just go with the heavy duty 240lb's of tq..

by the way fastlane quoted me 320.00 for the heavy duty s/s clutch...

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
320????

hmmm..maybe I should give Eric a call and see if he'll still hook me up with a decent price on the clutch. 320 is way better than everywhere else I've tried. One of the SE-R guys down here says he can get me one for about 280. By the way the JWT would cost 287 shipped but that is just the PP and the 2000SE disc. Does not include throwout bearing which is like 30 bucks. I think the ACT includes the Throwout bearing.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
The JWT set-up is WEAK!!!

Too soft for my taste!!! I want harshness!!!
I have the Centerforce DF clutch!! I like it alot!!!!

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
$320 is WAYYYY too much for the ACT clutch kit...email [email protected] and ask him about the group buy on ACT clutch kits...:) I'd recomend NOT getting the ACT clutch disk and getting a 2001 Sentra SE disk...FWIW....hope this helps!

~Ryan:cool:

·
6,928 Posts
SmoothDaddyFig said:
The JWT set-up is WEAK!!!

Too soft for my taste!!! I want harshness!!!
I have the Centerforce DF clutch!! I like it alot!!!!
:p :p Thats the clutch I have on the way JOHNATHON!:eek:

~Ryan

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
SENTRASER said:
:p :p Thats the clutch I have on the way JONATHAN ;) !:eek:
~Ryan
its not too late!!!! GET A REFUND!!!! :D
...............its all good. Apparently, Im waiting on mine to blow up.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Just FYI I went through three centerforce clutches on my rx-7 (non turbo mind you With just I/H/E) before i just went back to a stock clutch that lasted me.

I hate them with a passion and will never put another one in any of my cars so long as i live.

There done ranting......
Rick

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
I was going to go w/ ACT, but i've decided on the JWT P/P and 2001 SE disc. Seen and heard too many stories about ACT failure...JWT's been around, they know nissans, I'll try them out.

·
6,928 Posts
silversx said:
I was going to go w/ ACT, but i've decided on the JWT P/P and 2001 SE disc. Seen and heard too many stories about ACT failure...JWT's been around, they know nissans, I'll try them out.
I *THINK* a JWt pp is just a clutchmasters plate...I'm not 100% sure though...

~Ryan

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Rocketman said:
Just FYI I went through three centerforce clutches on my rx-7 (non turbo mind you With just I/H/E) before i just went back to a stock clutch that lasted me.
Im sorry to hear about your 3 blown clutches. :( DAMN!!!
I know a few people with a centerforce and they are doing just fine. Including a 300zxTT. Its just like everything else. It works for some and not for others. I just wanted to prove everybody wrong about Centerforce. We'll see in about 3-6 months. :eek:
I plan on going NITRO soon, so that should be a good test. But so far I love the clutch. Which model did you have?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
SENTRASER said:

I *THINK* a JWt pp is just a clutchmasters plate...I'm not 100% sure though...

~Ryan
The JWT PP is a Clutchmasters plate... Well... At least, it was at one time or another. The JWT PP I received from Courtesy Nissan looked nothing like the pics I've seen of the JWT PP. Instead of being white, it was grey. And there were other differences which I cannot describe now that the PP is in the car (and my memory is poor).

--Andrew Phan

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
I belive I am going to go with the JWT setup. I am like the fact that I will have a Nissan PP. I have heard some mixed reviews on ACT and I only want to do it once. Anyone have any reliability problems with the JWT setup. does it grab harder than stock?

Darren

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Its311Pete said:
I belive I am going to go with the JWT setup. I am like the fact that I will have a Nissan PP. I have heard some mixed reviews on ACT and I only want to do it once. Anyone have any reliability problems with the JWT setup. does it grab harder than stock?
Darren
Oh, that thing grabs but it feels like a feather when you are pushing the clutch down. It took me longer to get used to the JWT then the 4 puck. :cool:

·
6,928 Posts
With the metal clutches, your pressure plate heats up a lot more....I'm going with the organic material...better on the drive train...My JWT pressure plate got here today, it was ****ed....:(
I think I'm gonna go with the ACT pressure plate..since I can get it for as much as the JWT costs FROM JIM WOLF HIMSELF! :D I talked to him for like 45 min today, cool guy...

~Ryan:cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Soopastank: hey man what clutch did you end up getting???

I called ACT they recommend the extreme street/strip clutch for my car .....i'm still unsure on which clutch to go with...

Does anyone know if the 2000 se pressure plate is the same as a 97 se-r pressure plate??? I think i want the ACT pressure plate with 2000 se disk...

·
6,928 Posts
stankser said:
Soopastank: hey man what clutch did you end up getting???

I called ACT they recommend the extreme street/strip clutch for my car .....i'm still unsure on which clutch to go with...

Does anyone know if the 2000 se pressure plate is the same as a 97 se-r pressure plate??? I think i want the ACT pressure plate with 2000 se disk...
What kind of setup are you running? If you're not running over 350hp or so, I don't think the XP pressure plate would be waranted, and yes get the 2001 Sentra SE(SR20DE) disk....it has a bigger hub or something....hope this helps..

~Ryan

·
6,928 Posts
Oh, and just for you guys information, the JWT pressure plate has a 30% holding power over stock and the ACT heavy Duty pressure plate has a 45% over stock holding....

~Ryan

1 - 20 of 26 Posts