SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mr.200SX @ the dash
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the Deal I got a 1996 Nissan 200sx with a BB DET swap... Of course using stock DE ECU and Harness, 370's stock maf. Fellow forum member is selling a JWT for a b14 with this specs ( JWT ECU(3bar, 370cc, turbo program, stock maf, 9.5:1 compression(stock de). Now I don't have a FPR so its not set at 3 bar and as you all know the BB has 8.5 compression. Can I use this JWT ecu? so is the 3 bar and compression an issue?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Two different things. 3bar is the fuel pressure. That is stock on all B13's and B14's. You don't need a FPR to achieve this. But the only problem would be the 9.5:1 compression or 8.5:1 compression. You could just have it sent to JWT for $100 and have it programmed. I am not sure how it would run if you didn't compensate for that compression ratio difference. Has anyone else done this? Used a JWT ECU programmed for 9.5:1 compression on an 8.5:1 compression?

·
Mr.200SX @ the dash
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tomcat5678 said:
I am not sure how it would run if you didn't compensate for that compression ratio difference. Has anyone else done this? Used a JWT ECU programmed for 9.5:1 compression on an 8.5:1 compression?
Thats my main concern.. ^^^^^

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I guess there's one answer that supports your purchase.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i just had mine reprogrammed for the 8.5:1, put it in tonight. i can feel a difference especially down low. i was running the 9.5:1 program for a while with no problems. with the more aggressive timing map on the 8.5 program it feels more responsive.(which helps with an .82a/r housing)

·
Registered
753 Posts
When I sent my JWT ECU back to JWT to reprogram it, I found out that it had originally been set up for 9.5:1 compression, just like yours. It ran fine on my BlueBird 8.5:1 motor. Ben at JWT told me the 8.5:1 just uses a more aggressive timing map because the lower-compression motor is less prone to detonation.

I'd imagine you'll lose a couple of horsepower running a 9.5:1 ECU on an 8.5:1 motor, but it will run fine. In fact, you'll be more resistant to detonation. Sending the ECU back to JWT for an 8.5:1 program will cost you $100 and you'll have to wait many, many weeks due to the JWT backlog.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.