SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I road down to Richmond VA, To have my JWT cams finally installed at RosenAutoSport.
Joe Henderson who was recommended by slowSer did the install. I also met Jon Felton, Both are very nice guys who are very knowledgeable in the field of automobile modification and autocross racing. Jon gave me a tour of the place, On display, are lots of different items sold at RosenAutoSport along with a number of different Se-r and other modified cars used in autocross racing
There was also small entertainment/waiting area that included autocross videos and playstation. Theres a two car garage where customer installations can be done while you wait. Joe did a great job of installing my cams. The cam install had taken longer than I expected, with little unforseen troubles like my valve cover that was previously installed incorrectly after unscheduled 73k tune up(my car was doing some hard driving at the time) , this led to screws that could not be removed from the cover also the chain tensioner was little akward to remove, but everything else went smooth. I had an alternate valve cover that I had painted black installed in place of the original and Joe also changed the oil and fuel filter. Then came the moment of truth, Started her up and ran the engine for 15min at 200rpm installation complete. I highly recommend RosenAutoSports to all looking to receive top notch service from a knowledgeable staff along with a wide veriety of automobile mods that include Sport Suspension, Sport Exhaust, brakes, Headers,Intakes and lots of other accessories. Check Em Out at www.rosenautosport.com or I recommend that if you live in the area stop in and see 1st hand what they have to offer. I'd like to thank Marc or ser_200sx as he is known at this forum for Da Hook Up!........Nigel.....OUT!

[This message has been edited by paradyme (edited 12-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by paradyme (edited 12-17-2000).]

[This message has been edited by paradyme (edited 12-17-2000).]

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
just remember to be kind to those cams
whats the break in procedure again
read it and follow it totaly.

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OH, I forgot to mention that Joe also adjusted my throttle cable, checked my timing at 15 and on the ride back to Hampton VA, I maintained driving rpm's under 4000 as directed....I should have picks soon!

Nigel
95/G20t/auto
STILLEN,header,intake JWT ECU and CAMS,GREDDY/TRUST exhaust, 99'G20/15inch stock rims/repainted all black....YEAUUH!

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
I would also like to know how much you paid for the install.

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
My Page

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Yeah I know... I did a search for cams and I was just wondering the install price. I would probrably see if some local/North Jersey people may want to help me for a small price anyway once I get the cams.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by borguesian:
Yeah I know... I did a search for cams and I was just wondering the install price. I would probrably see if some local/North Jersey people may want to help me for a small price anyway once I get the cams.</font>
Hey! I'll come around. Me and RPW will come. We've done/watched 4 cam installs already in SR20's. We live in eastern PA about 10 minutes from Phillipsburg, NJ if you know where that is.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom Exhaust, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts & shifter bushing, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

·
Registered
303 Posts
that's an old post greg. i don't even think he's on here anymore. kris? anyone?

------------------

Jon - '95 G20t

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Ok, I will keep u guys in mind and let you know when I get the cams! Thanks
. Time to make fast money...hmmm
Just on another note, should I get the S3s or S4s? Im not gonna have money for the ECU for a while after I buy the cams and my only other mods are gonna include PRI CAI, Hotshot G3 header, Stillen muffler. I don't drag a whole lot either, but I may start.

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
My Page

[This message has been edited by borguesian (edited 05-10-2001).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts