SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on having RosenAutoSports in Richmond VA install my JWT/S3/cams Saturday of this week, If we could agree on a reasonable price for labor. Every Shop I've been to wants to charge the Factory service manual labor cost at $250.00 to $300.00 for six hours labor. Yeah if you allow the timing chain to fall away from the cam sprockets, then you have to also work from underneath the engine, to realign the chain by pulling apart the entire left side of the engine to do so.Jim Wolf only charges around $100.00 bucks,and If you make that much work for yourself I guess the install would be worth that much money, But Cam installs(done the way Jim Wolf suggest,using the twisty tie method)is only 2hrs in labor cost. Saves time and money. I'm hoping they see it this way. I'd really like someone who understands engine mods to install my cams and RosenAutoSports work on SE-R's all the time.
I don't own the right tools to do this install myself and do it correctly(Timing Light$69 to $89.00, Torque Wrench$24.99 to $59.00 dollars at Sears)But I Just might make that purchase and try my own hand at this........Nigel Hampton VA.
95G20t/AUTO

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, try it yourself. I have heard it is not that hard to do, and you will feel better about yourself after doing it. I am gonna do it myself too, hopefully really, really, really soon

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

G

·
0 Posts
just save it till Salt Fest! Of corse that means you have to comr to SF2K1.

------------------
MarC
96 w/ no turbo
AIM SER96MarC

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
It should only take about 3 hours to install the cams at least from what I've heard from Jay Hassinger and Craig Damashi.

G

·
0 Posts
Wow another NE member! Are you coming to SF2K1? Is this Mark by anychance? (sr20 SE-R?)

------------------
MarC
96 w/ no turbo
AIM SER96MarC

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm getting them installed with RosenAutoSport in Richmond VA.Jim Wolf confirmed it's a 2HR job at best(done using the twistie tie method).

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by paradyme:
I'm getting them installed with RosenAutoSport in Richmond VA.Jim Wolf confirmed it's a 2HR job at best(done using the twistie tie method). </font>
Tell them you want Joe Henderson to work on it.

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANX!...I spoke to Joe this morning...says,He will do the install on Saturday. I'll let you know how things worked out.

Nigel

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Hey ser_200sx, no this isn't Mark. I am friends with Mark though. His girlfriend lives a few doors down from me. My car is looks like his and yours. It's stock now but I've got plans. Throw me an im if you want sometime my name is Stea1th727. The L in stealth is a one. Later.

G

·
0 Posts
Who MarK?

Nope.

No this is yet another Mark. the one from the AutoX in Mass. Black 200 that had sr20 on the trunk where 200sx goes. You remember

------------------
MarC
96 w/ no turbo
AIM SER96MarC

[This message has been edited by ser_200sx (edited 12-14-2000).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts