SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have a set in their car? Were they any more expensive than the S3 cams? How do you like them, and how is the idle?

Thanks

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
I have them but they are not installed yet, so the only thing I can tell you is they are the same price as the S3's.

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/ Pirelli P700Z's

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
My friend has a set in his 96 SE-R. His idle is fine. I'm not sure how much he paid for them.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing and custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Hmm, Another little tid bit for you about the s4's. I went with my friend with the 96 SE-R with the S4 cams tonight to play some indoor golf. That was some fun stuff. Anyway, after he fired up his car and it died almost instantly. He said it happens occasionally when his car is cold since he got the cams. His idle is pretty good though as I mentioned earlier.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing and custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler

[This message has been edited by 97 Black SER (edited 01-11-2001).]

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
I just had my S3 cams installed, And theeeerrre GREAT! I also have the JWT ecu. Question on the S4's? The most recent published article in SCC on JWT cams, titled Project SE-R June 2000 Do not mention an increase between the two that impressed me . I understand they hold out Longer at rev, but I chose not to further compromise my idle. Which the article states the S4 noticeably increased. My idle is little different,(gives your car a little race car feel) but I'm willing to bet it will be less noticeable once I install the stock replacement motor mounts I just bought.
My car never cuts off which I think is also because of the header which allows for my engine to cool off and heat up quicker. My car would always cut off in cold weather before I added my header, which was installed before my cams.
Every article I've ever read strongly suggest that you have the JWT ecu with your cams. The Ecu alone without the cams is an impressive upgrade. If you can afford the down time and the core charge, I would say definitely make this investment. It really ties all your mods together.

NIGEL
95G20t/Stillen Header/Intake/JWT Ecu and Cams/Greddy Mx Exhaust.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Problem is, I have a 98
........no ECU, at least not custom.

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/ Pirelli P700Z's

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

1 - 8 of 8 Posts