SR20 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 se-r, does jwt have a program for the de engine to increase hp and torque, i know they make programs for turbo and vvl, just wanted to know if they have any programs for de ???????

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if i have i/h/e/fly/cluth they have a program to give me a lil more pwr and bring redline from 7100 to maybe 7500..?????

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
HoT se-R said:
so if i have i/h/e/fly/cluth they have a program to give me a lil more pwr and bring redline from 7100 to maybe 7500..?????
Yeah, they have a program for NA (and for cams if you have them). It'll give you a small bump in HP, ~5, better throttle response, increased redline to ~7800, removed speed limiter. I highly recommend getting cams too; once you do, you'll rev it up to the higher redline all the time :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea thought about g20 but that only takes off top speed limiter and redline to 75 i belive, no performance, so would it be better to get the cams first or ecu, prob cams ....????

·
Registered
538 Posts
I would skip the JWT program. Get a 91 intake cam, a g20 ecu and spend the rest of the money on more bolt ons. I think you'll get more hp for the dollar that way...

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
HoT se-R said:
true, alot of people use the 91 intake cam, how come????
Because it's cheap.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
HoT se-R said:
true, alot of people use the 91 intake cam, how come????

It just not the '91. It's technically all SE-Rs/NXs/G20s that were in the USA from 90-93. The high-port SRs had comparatively more agressive cam profiles than the low-ports that were introduced here from '94 and up. So by swapping over the high-port cams, you get a good bump in power.

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
HoT se-R said:
ohh alrite, thought so, is it a hard swap, what about the exhaust cam from the early 90's???
No difference. The exhaust cam has the same profile as the later years. It's not a hard swap, there are a few places that will tell you how to do it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what is the torque spec on the cam when installing it??? wanna make sure everything is correct.........

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts